Are you bilingual French/English self -starter with a knack for problem solving who has the ability to work remotely within a global team? Are you always looking for ways to improve organizational systems and process and are naturally drawn to problem solving? Are you passionate about promoting public health and extending it to disadvantaged communities? If so, you may be our next Business Analyst and play an important role in growing a high-impact social justice organization.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and working closely with senior staff including the Senior Finance Manager, and Directors in Togo, West Africa you will improve Integrate Health business systems and processes to enable Integrate Health’s continued growth and delivery upon its mission to make quality primary healthcare accessible for all.
Compensation is competitive and will be determined based on a combination of factors, including level of experience. The annual salary for this position (if based in the US) will be between $70,000 and $85,000. 00
About Integrate Health
Integrate Health (IH) is a small and rapidly growing global health organization working to serve underserved communities in Togo, West Africa We believe that access to healthcare is a human right, and we are committed to making this a reality by partnering with governments and the local communities to integrate professional Community Health Workers with improved care in public clinics. This approach creates a patient-centered health system that is accountable to the community and dramatically reduces mortality in severely resource-limited settings. For more information on Integrate Health, please visit www.integratehealth.org.
Integrate Health offers a generous benefits package including:
- Aetna health, vision, life and dental insurance.
- 401k retirement plan with employer match up to 3%.
- Minimum 20 vacation days/year plus office closed between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
- 10 days of sick leave.
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave (pertains to birth or adoption) after first 12 months employment.
- 16 hours of paid leave each year to participate in volunteer programs.
- Other benefits offered: Travel insurance, shared office space, need-based salary advances, flexible hours, professional development opportunities.
Improve Integrate Health’s business systems and processes.
Financial Reporting and Analysis (55%)
- Systems Improvement: Support ongoing iteration and advancement of Finance and Operations tools and systems, including possible implementation of an ERP system.
- Financial Position Reporting: Support the Finance Team to analyze and communicate monthly budget, actuals and operational issues to team leads, directors and senior management.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Support the Finance Manager in the annual budgeting process and ensure that all assumptions are accurate and properly documented. Integrate cash flow forecasting into financial systems.
- Support ad hoc financial analysis and provide coaching to team members in Togo.
- Assist development team with grant budgeting and support finance team with grant reporting.
Operations Improvement (20%)
- Commodity Forecasting: Develop tools and analyze historical data to help in-country staff produce accurate short- and medium-term forecasts for key medicines and health commodities.
- Carbon Reduction: Lead the measurement and reduction of Integrate Health’s carbon footprint.
- Process Improvements: Document current business processes in the US and Togo and identify ways to improve and streamline. Create library of manuals and guides to help teams better manage routine processes.
Work planning and Strategy (25%)
- Provide the COO with support to manage strategy and workplan implementation.
- Provide ad hoc analysis on programs and projects.
What Are We Looking For?
Individuals who can bring new perspectives to the organization (recruiting for culture add rather than culture fit)
- Minimum advanced-intermediate level in both French and English, fluency preferred
- BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, Industrial Engineering or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, Computer Science) or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of relevant professional experience, ideally in an analytical role
- Exceptional Excel skills
- A combination of analytical skills, intellectual curiosity, persistence and reporting acumen
What will get us excited?
- You are familiar with agile development methodologies,
- You have experience working with ERP systems,
- You have a history of delivering outcomes,
- You have demonstrated process improvement skills,
- When faced with problems, you seek to learn from others and apply frameworks and models to assist you,
- You are adept at storytelling with data and using it to drive system improvements
IH values include efficacy, empowerment, commitment, transparency, and respect. IH expects that the Business Analyst will model and embody these values and will have the following characteristics:
- Diplomatic and humble learner with the ability to listen
- Growth mindset and lifelong learner attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and spoken), with demonstrated ability to earn respect of colleagues and partners from diverse backgrounds
- Must be extremely detailed oriented, organized, and efficient
- Must be committed to social justice and to the fundamental rights of all humans
How To Apply
Please submit a resume and responses to the three questions below to firstname.lastname@example.org with Business Analyst in the subject line.
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What is one reason you think you’d be a good fit for this position?
- What is one strength you would bring to this position?
Please keep total question responses to a maximum of one page. The application deadline is rolling. Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Integrate Health is committed to being an anti-racist, anti-sexist, anti-neocolonial, and pro-equity organization. We acknowledge that this is an ongoing process and that we will always have more work to do to identify, unpack and interrupt the ways dominance shows up in our organization and our sector. You can read more here about the work we have undertaken to date. Integrate Health was founded as a response to what we perceived as failures in the aid community to do what was right. Integrate Health undertakes the hard work of engaging communities and tackling hard and structural challenges in healthcare, all in a way that is led by local leaders. We place a high value on diversity and the benefits that come from having employees with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Applicants of color and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
The hiring process will include the following steps:
- Review submitted applications
- Conduct 20-minute screening interviews for shortlisted candidates
- Request that shortlisted candidates submit a practical assessment (designed to take no more than two hours to complete)
- Conduct skills-based interviews for 3-5 candidates
- Request references
- Conduct final interview if necessary
- Make offer
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted, but candidates who proceed to step 2 will be notified if they are not chosen for step 3.