ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, INSTITUTIONAL GIVING
- To increase the visibility and viability of The Moth as a cause for Foundation and Government support.
- To identify, cultivate, solicit and steward Foundation and Government gifts and proactively seek new opportunities for support while maintaining strong communication with 50+ existing donors and prospects.
- To grow and establish long-term partnerships and strengthen existing relationships with Foundation and Government donors as well as engage key prospects that will result in funding for the immediate and long-term goals of The Moth.
- Design, implement and manage a comprehensive and proactive development plan focused on expanding, stewarding and enhancing Foundation and Government relationships by directing and coordinating activities related to obtaining grant support.
- Work closely with The Moth’s programmatic, artistic and administrative staff to identify and create funding opportunities for Foundation and Government prospects.
- Develop highly competitive proposals for Foundation and Government prospects and leverage diverse Foundation and Government goals and preferences in conjunction with The Moth’s goals and mission.
- Maintain a rigorous schedule of one-on-one contacts and meetings with Foundation and Government representatives, creating moves management plans related to them, compelling presentations and comprehensive fundraising proposals.
- Monitor proposal deadlines, prepare and edit proposals, and manage proposal submissions.
- Maintain high-quality stewardship process for active Foundation and Government prospects and donors, including appropriate recognition. Ensure that stewardship and reporting requirements are met to sustain successful partnerships by maintaining detailed records of solicitation activities.
- Coordinate the fulfillment of institutional funder benefits including the handling of ticket requests for Moth events, processing and acknowledging contributions, and ensuring appropriate funding credits.
- Supervise daily operations of Institutional Givng, including a budget, and oversee an intern
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in a successful institutional giving program.
- Familiarity with fundraising principles and trends in fundraising and philanthropy.
- Demonstrated success in fundraising from private foundations and government sources.
- Superior writing and organizational skills, strong attention to detail, ability to meet internal and external deadlines, and self-motivation.
- Ability to seek and synthesize information into succinct, compelling narrative form.
- Experience with budget preparation and analysis.
- Knowledge of outcome measurement and evaluation.
- Capacity to work independently and as part of a team to fulfill the goals of the Development Department and The Moth.
- High level of proficiency with prospect management data systems, prior experience with SalesForce and Patron Manager a plus.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and changing work environment.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for The Moth’s mission.
- Availability for work on evenings and weekends.
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please complete this questionnaire (https://themoth.typeform.com/to/NiSQ8k) and email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (Be sure to specify which position you’re applying for in the subject line!). Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until Friday, June, 26th.