Our mission: increase investment and participation in 4‑H programs so we can support the next generation of true young leaders. National 4‑H Council (Council) is committed to providing leadership and resources so that 4‑H programs are available to youth across the US. Our executive leadership team and Board of Trustees are dedicated to the belief that helping kids achieve their boldest dreams empowers not only them but also our communities to thrive today, tomorrow, and beyond. Council supports national and state 4‑H programs with a focus on fundraising, brand management, communications, and legal and fiduciary services. Council also oversees the National 4‑H Conference Center, and the National 4‑H Supply Service, the authorized agent for items bearing the 4‑H Name and Emblem.
Council seeks an innovative Annual Fund Manager to plan, execute, and manage all phases of a comprehensive and well-coordinated annual giving program in support of Council’s mission and strategic initiatives. The Manager will develop strategies to target key constituent groups, such as alumni, lapsed donors, and convert non-donors to donors to increase average gift amounts. With guidance from the Senior Director of Individual Giving, the Manager will develop the annual fund strategy and independently lead the execution of the appeals, stewardship, and acknowledgments defined in the strategy.
Annual Campaign Planning and Management Duties
- Develop and implement an annual fund program to increase annual gift support and participation.
- Partner and collaborate with the digital marketing team, the database administrator, creative services, and vendors, and agencies to implement the appeals across 4-H channels, including direct mail.
- Manage the logistics of the annual giving program, collaborating cross-functionally to develop a plan and provide various stakeholders with the information, messaging, and assets needed to execute across the organization.
- Spearhead workplace giving through CFC and Council’s Associate giving program and campaign. Manage a prospect list of annual fund donors to cultivate and solicit for renewals or increased support.
- Responsible for a fundraising goal that will be set annually.
- In coordination with the Digital Marketing team, integrate the annual strategy in the marketing planning to ensure that online giving is a coordinated component of the annual gift solicitation program.
- Coordinate the execution of the various giving campaigns throughout the year with the digital team, providing guidance, messaging and assets to support digital promotion.
Cross-Organizational Collaboration Duties
- In collaboration with the Resource Development Operations team, identify new prospects to add to the pipeline for both annual and major giving; ensure that timely gift acknowledgments are produced, and accurate reporting of the annual giving program.
- Operate the program within the approved expense budget.
- In cooperation with the Marketing and Brand team, ensure the messaging and brand standards of Council are met in all aspects of the Annual Giving Program and that Annual Giving solicitations are aligned with the brand promotional calendar and partner and cause marketing activations.
- In cooperation with the CRM Analyst, ensure data hygiene and donor management standards and policies are upheld.
- Provide excellent customer service, anticipating, and exceeding the needs of our donors. Update and maintain records as applicable in the CRM database. Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, or the equivalent in work experience.
- Three to five years’ experience in coordinating highly successful annual giving programs.
- Two to four years of individual giving fundraising experience, including identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with the ability to work across various technology platforms, including virtual and video conferencing, collaborative documents.
- Must be able to lead and support a cross-functional team and have strong project management, organizational, and communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Dynamics StratusLive CRM or similar software preferred.
- Ability to interface with all levels of the organization and high-level donors and perform in a team-oriented environment.
- Must have exception interpersonal and organizational skills and self-directed initiative.
Travel Requirements: Travel may be necessary for up to 10% of the time (local, regional, national, international) by air, car, and, or rail.
Position typically has the following Career Ladder:
- Senior Manager
- Development Director
- Senior Development Director
- Vice President of Development
How To Apply
Submit copy of updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Annual Fund Manager" on the subject line.