Tides is a foundation and nonprofit partner committed to building a world of social justice and shared prosperity. Founded in 1976, Tides’ works at the cutting edge of today’s biggest challenges, with a focus on equality and human rights; a sustainable environment; healthy individuals, families, and communities; and education. Tides’ core services include donor-advised funds, fiscal sponsorship, and shared spaces in San Francisco and New York City. For more information, please visit www.tides.org.
This job is for you if:
● You are passionate about and have demonstrated experience in client services, philanthropy, and the nonprofit sector
● You care deeply about Tides’ commitment to shared prosperity and social justice
● You are energized by partnering with donors and innovative organizations to mobilize philanthropic resources that accelerate progressive social change.
● You have experience successfully building relationships with individual and foundation donors and social change leaders
● You thrive in an action-oriented, agile work environment and are comfortable adapting to a changing environment and navigating ambiguity
● You are comfortable working both independently and in coordination with cross-functional teams
● You are able to juggle multiple projects and prioritize effectively between strategic and tactical/operational efforts
● You are detail-oriented, efficient and highly-organized to effectively manage a full caseload of client relationships
● You have experience in a specific or range of issue areas such as immigration, reproductive rights, climate change, civic engagement, education, and racial justice
The right candidate will be willing and able to:
● Deliver high quality service to an assigned portfolio of philanthropic partners, and potentially fiscally sponsored projects, as part of a cross-functional team that may include Finance, HR, Grants, Legal, Business Process and other teams to support clients’ objectives
● Serve as primary point of contact with clients, coordinating and optimizing interactions among clients, consultants, grantees and other stakeholders.
● Conduct research and present on opportunities in alignment with clients’ charitable goals and objectives and Tides’ vision, mission and approach
● Manage grant tracking, budget, reporting, and sensitive communication with clients as needed
● Assess compliance and risk factors around client activities and act to mitigate risks wherever possible, in conjunction with the Tides Legal and Grants Teams. Provide accurate financial data and analysis to clients with the support of Tides’ Finance team to inform client’s grantmaking and investment activities
● Conduct onboarding and on-going training with clients to enable adequate self-service and ensure optimal client experience with Tides systems and processes
● Develop strategies for creative engagement and exceptional service delivery that anticipates and resolve areas of concern raised by client partners or internal stakeholders
● Cultivate a level of philanthropic and/or issue area expertise to accelerate impact of Tides’ and its clients
● Support the philanthropic program in the development and implementation of program wide activities as needed, including drafting relevant blogs and perspectives that highlight Tides’ work in action
● Serve on organizational and/or departmental project teams as needed
● Participate in onboarding and mentorship of new staff; co-develop department team building activities
● Represent Tides on a regular basis at conferences, webinars, gatherings, professional associations and other external events
● In collaboration with Strategic Partnerships and the Client Services departments, develop strategies to move partners up the ladder of engagement
● Support proposal development as needed and based on areas of expertise and interest
● Work cross-functionally to support networking opportunities and convenings, strengthening the Tides brand and point of view, as well as harnessing the wisdom and skills of our network
● Develop and maintain broad external relations with philanthropic partners
● A strong understanding of nonprofit organizational development and alignment with Tides Vision, Mission and Approach
● Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build rapport with partners and stakeholders
● Deep knowledge in fields of social justice and social impact, including scaling of nonprofit organizations, philanthropic strategy, fundraising, grantmaking, multi-stakeholder collaborative partnerships, and/or impact evaluation
● Sensitive to unique needs of donor segments including individual major donors, foundations and corporate partners
● Excellent listening, negotiation, writing and presentation skills
● Demonstrated ability to prioritize amongst multiple commitments, and to drive multiple high profile and complex projects simultaneously in a challenging and fluid environment
● Ability to hold self-accountable for high-quality, timely, and effective client service with a demonstrated commitment to meeting needs of internal and external clients for a high level of satisfaction
● Demonstrated skills to reviewing and interpreting contracts
● Ability to manage, track, and understand non-profit financial management concepts
● Experience writing proposals and contributing to field building thought leadership pieces
● Experience developing and supporting networks, communities of practice and cross-sector collaboration preferred.
● Familiarity with Google Drive Suite, MS Office Suite, NetSuite, grants management systems, Salesforce or other CRM platforms
● A strong work ethic, team motivation and sense of humor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
● B.A./B.S. or higher degree, or equivalent experience.
● 5+ years of relevant and applicable work experience in nonprofit management and/or fundraising, client-focused consulting, or philanthropy.
Please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter online. Your cover letter should express your interest in working for Tides and your qualifications for the role. You may also share your detailed LinkedIn profile with us. Tides is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and we look forward to reviewing applications from all who are qualified to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions. Also pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we encourage and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.