2020 has widely been described as one of the toughest years on record in the 21st century. 2021 brings new hope and global growth. The following events, trends and changes are anticipated in 2021, and beyond!
- Political climate calming: The first years of new US Presidencies tend to be growth oriented and also politically growth focused. This may help to sustain stock market fluctuations and also be a year of less polarized.
- A more united union: stemming from the joint work that has been required to deal with the COVID-19 crisis bring renewed potential of bipartisan governance increasing and less political ideologies clashing.
- The Tokyo Olympics: Almost fifty-seven years after having organized the Olympic Games, the Japanese capital of Toyko will be hosting the Summer edition for the second time. The Games in 1964 transformed the country and this coming year should also bring significant impact. According to the organizers of the 2021 event the Games of the XXXII Olympiad will be “the most innovative ever organized, and will rest on three fundamental principles to transform the world: striving for your personal best ; accepting one another (unity in diversity); and passing on a legacy for the future (connecting to tomorrow)”.
- Vaccination of COVID-19 becoming mainstream and immunity increasing. The worldwide endeavor to distribute a safe and effective COVID–19 vaccineis ongoing. No matter if majority of the people on earth receive the vaccine by the end of 2021, positive movement is ongoing as to the fight against COVID-19.
- Traveling and large gatherings. As vaccinations increase so will the ability to hold larger events for vaccinated people, and national and international travel will become more active. 2021 will see an increase of travel and gatherings as the year continues.
- NASA’s Perseverance rover lands on Mars. Perseveranceis scheduled to touch down on Mars on Thursday, Feb. 18, 2021, at approximately 12:30 p.m. PST. During landing the rover plunges through the thin Martian atmosphere, with the heat shield first, at a speed of over 12,000 mph (about 20,000 kph)! This will bring incredible footage and scientific information never before seen.
- UEFA Euro (Soccer) Championship. The UEFA European Championship and informally as the Euros, is the main association football (soccer) competition contested by the senior men’s national teams of the members of the (UEFA) Union of European Football Associations. This is the continental champion of Europe which has been held every four years since 1960.
- The 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World. The golden anniversaryparty likely kicks off mid-January 2022 is a time during the Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary celebration when all of the big additions will be open, like TRON Lightcycle Power Run, the Guardians of the Galaxy coaster in Epcot, and the new entertainment at Magic Kingdom will have debuted.
- A Very Big Year For Movies. As many releases were postponed 2021 will be a very strong year for the release of amazing film. This coupled with the hope of renewed ability to have larger gatherings by the end of the year, either way will bring wonderful entertainment to the big or home movie screen.
- Movement In The Right Direction For The Environment. 2021 bring a US president more focused on environmental protections and alternate energy. At the same time in July, the European Union’s ban on single use plastic items is set to go into effect. Understanding and acceptance of the consequences of global warming and air, ocean and land pollution and destruction are becoming more of a focal point globally. 2021 may bring new commitments to a cleaner environment as well as potential new innovation to help the world via science. Much more will need to be done to halt and/or slow global warming and the current global environmental trends.
What are you looking forward to in 2021? No matter what you believe, we hope it bring you joy, health and good fortune!