Scion Nonprofit Staffing (www.scionstaffing.com) has been engaged to conduct a search for a direct-hire Youth Development Specialist for our client, an incredible nonprofit organization focused on enhancing the lives of at-risk youth located northwest of the Fox Cities, WI!
The Youth Development Specialist will work closely to mentor, influence, and empower at-risk youth and equip them for a brighter future in a faith-based organization. Not only will you be an impactful influence on the lives of young men, you will also be a part of a rapidly growing organization with great opportunity for career growth and development!
The position is a full-time direct hire opportunity! Work hours are from 11:00 am – 9:00 pm Sunday-Wednesday or Wednesday-Saturday with an extensive benefits package!
Perks & Compensation:
This position offers an hourly pay range of $16.00 to $22.00 per hour depending on experience and education! In addition, this position offers a $250/ month living stipend, 401k and a 6% employer contribution, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, 16 PTO days per year a generous tuition reimbursement program and on-site food and health benefits!
What You Will Be Doing:
- Working directly with a skilled team of youth care professionals, and reporting directly to an administrator in the youth home setting
- Developing your skills in working with at-risk youth through the guidance of a team of administrators
- Portraying a positive family model to at-risk boys while becoming part of the staff team family
- Teaching the boys social and life skills while presenting yourself as a positive role model
- Planning and organizing outdoor and indoor activities
- Engaging interactively with the youth
- Assisting in the spiritual development of the youth boys
What You Have to Offer:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Post Graduate Degree preferred!
- Experience working with at-risk youth in a leadership setting
- A passion for enhancing the lives of at-risk youth and helping them create impactful changes on their lives
- You show spiritual, social, emotional, and intellectual maturity
- You are excited about the opportunity to work for a faith-based organization
- You are inherently assertive, confident, and authoritative while also being empathetic and sensitive in your work and interactions with the youth and other staff members
- You can connect with teens who have a traumatic past and criminal record
- You are organized and come with strong administrative and documentation skills
- You possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter in Word or PDF format at www.scionstaffing.com/jobportal/#/jobs/6263. We look forward to reviewing your background and discussing this exciting position further!