YOUTH AND FAMILIES PROGRAM MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Youth and Families Program Manager
Status: Full-Time/ Exempt/ Regular
Reports to: Executive Director
Tilth Alliance works in community with Washington farmers, gardeners and eaters to build a sustainable, healthy and equitable food future. Through our work we endeavor to promote and support the adoption of organic, regenerative, sustainable growing practices by farmers and gardeners throughout Washington; to make the food produced by these farmers and gardeners more accessible; and to inspire people to enjoy growing, cooking and eating food that is both good for them, for their communities, and for the environment. The primary strategies we employ in this effort are advocacy, education and collaboration. Equity, inclusion, and the promotion of a culture of anti-oppression are important outcomes expected of all the work we do.
Tilth Alliances Families and Youth Program Manager is responsible for engaging young people and their families in joyful programs that introduce them to where their food comes from, builds understanding of the health, social and environmental impacts of their food choices, and demonstrates the important relationship between agriculture and the health of our natural world.
Program Managers at Tilth Alliance are responsible for all aspects of their programs including planning and logistics, supervision of program staff, program deliverables, program budget, and regular grant related reporting. Program Managers also support grant writing, work with funders as necessary, and work with Finance and Administration to ensure they have the information they need to correctly represent the finances of the program.
- Oversee existing Family and Youth Programs including Summer Camp program, Field Trip program, Service Learning program, and School Garden Educator program among others.
- Build relationships with partners, perform community outreach and engagement to bring youth and families into Tilth Alliances programs.
- Work with Communications Director to effectively market and promote Youth and Family Programs.
- Serve as Summer Camp Director for Tilth Alliances summer camp program.
- Manage staff working within the Youth and Families Program.
- Contribute to the National Science Foundation research grant work, including: participating in meetings with partners, helping develop models and materials around field-based science education and outdoor classroom design, and co-facilitating workshops for families, teachers and partners.
- Help identify grants that align with work, write grant applications, and report to existing grants.
- Oversee existing contracts and grants; scope and negotiate future contracts and partnerships.
- Ensure timely and successful achievement of and reporting on funding deliverables.
- Develop and manage a budget of approximately $300,000.
- Create inclusive working environment for team, volunteers and partners.
- Attend staff meetings, speak publicly on behalf of Tilth Alliance, support events and other duties related to being a member of the Tilth Alliance staff.
- Identify areas of program improvement via community focus groups/feedback, and implement those improvements.
- Serve as a member of Tilth Alliances Management Team.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience working with youth.
- Experience developing programming for youth and families.
- Program Management experience including staff supervision, planning, logistics, budgeting and reporting.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong computer skills. Proficient user of Microsoft Office software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Enjoy working outside.
- Experience working as a Summer Camp Director or similar position.
- Experience working with diverse audiences.
- Sincere passion for social, environmental and food justice.
- Community engagement background in the context of diverse populations.
- Farming and/or gardening experience.
- Youth Development expertise
- Teaching Certification is a definite plus.
This is a full-time exempt position. The typical work week will be Monday-Friday, with occasional Saturdays, Sundays, or evenings. Benefits include medical, dental, vision insurance, paid vacation, sick and holiday time, and a 401(k). Salary will range from $45,000 - $55,000 depending upon experience.
Tilth Alliance is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to cultivating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that diversity is essential to achieving our mission. Tilth Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Women, people of color, and individuals from under-represented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Tilth Alliance is looking for someone with a passion for engaging youth and families in growing, cooking and eating healthy, sustainably produced food, and building understanding of the important connection between food production and a healthy environment. Tilth Alliance is helping build a socially equitable, ecologically sound and economically viable food system and you can be a part of it! As Youth ad Families Program Manager you will help bring youth and their families to Tilth Alliance sites in south and north Seattle for joyful learning experiences centered around food and agriculture. If you are good at planning, logistics, organization, and communication, and are passionate about building a sustainable, healthy and equitable food future, this is the position for you. Please visit the Tilth Alliance website to apply. Applications are due November 15th, 2019. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
How To Apply
EMail CV & REZ to: HR@tilthaliance.org