World Series of Innovation (WSI) Program ManagerWorld Series of Innovation (WSI) Program Manager https://www.foundationlist.org/wp-content/themes/fildisi/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 firstname.lastname@example.org https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/ab287b20dc1daa266eb438d38c7719db?s=96&d=mm&r=g
The Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) a mission-driven Program Manager to oversee the World Series of Innovation (WSI), a global online competition run annually in conjunction with Global Entrepreneurship Week. Last year nearly 4,000 students from across the US and 49 countries submitted innovative, marketable solutions to some of the most profound issues facing the global community (tied to the UN Sustainable Development Goals) and tackle intriguing business challenges identified by industry with a prize pool of more than $20,000. Each year through programs such as WSI, NFTE empowers youth to see themselves as problem solvers and encourages them to find entrepreneurial solutions
NFTE seeks a self-starter who works well across stakeholder groups to get things done. In this role, you will own communications, management, and oversight of the WSI program. You will be responsible for administering the technical aspect of running an online competition and effectively communicating and managing program requirements from students, teachers, sponsors, and staff.
The Program Manager reports to the Senior Manager, Global Programs and works closely with the Senior Vice President, Advancement and the Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work with colleagues across the NFTE organization to develop a long-term vision and strategy for growing the WSI program.
- Manage the online competition platform used for WSI (Skild) including working with external digital design/development resources.
- Create content used throughout the WSI program, including challenge materials and toolkits.
- Provide user support to students, teachers, and staff on the utilization of the Skild platform.
- Develop marketing and outreach materials for WSI sponsors and participants in collaboration with teams across NFTE.
- Provide planning and management for each WSI series, including working with challenge sponsors to frame their specific challenges, developing competition materials, publishing web content updates, managing the flow of communications with participants, organizing judging rounds, managing the tabulation of final scores, and reporting back to sponsors throughout the competition cycle.
- Conduct marketing and public relations activities to increase the visibility of WSI and other NFTE programs, with particular emphasis on driving sponsorship.
- Maximize media exposure by creating media kits and other marketing content before, during and after the program.
- Manage sponsor volunteerism in collaboration with Development to plan for coaching engagements (Innovation Days).
- Collaborate with NFTE’s Director, Events and interested parties at the United Nations to plan the annual WSI recognition event (held remotely or at the UN during Global Entrepreneurship Week).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ professional experience (3 years as a Program or Project Manager).
- Enthusiastic about collaboration.
- Self-starter and outstanding communications skills, both oral and written.
- Detail-oriented, organized thinker who can keep track of multiple projects and timelines.
- Comfortable taking an active role in program marketing and partnership development.
- Prior experience managing the work of web developers and other project consultants.
- Demonstrated success defining and implementing programs and/or online products geared towards K-12 audiences.
- Proficiency managing web properties and publishing content.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and online research tools.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Interest in youth development and K-12 education.
- Passion for social change.
- A team player who works well across the organization on complex issues.
- This is a full-time remote-based position, utilizing employee home office locations.
- Where feasible, co-working type locations may also be utilized as needed combined with remote work from home settings.
- The position will require some light travel as needed.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this role.
Why our employees love working at NFTE:
- Internationally recognized educational nonprofit committed to a dynamic mission
- Competitive salary with a total rewards suite of outstanding competitive benefits, including:
- NFTE sponsored Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance (fully paid by NFTE)
- 403(B) Retirement Savings Plan with generous company match
- Generous PTO (extensive vacation/holidays/personal time; paid sick time)
- Summer Fridays, Flex Time, Paid Family Leave (up to 6 weeks), Short and Long term Disability and “NFTE Time” (additional paid holiday break between Christmas and New Year’s Day)
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA): Pre-tax savings for expenses not covered by plan
- Dependent Care Account (DCA): Pre-tax savings for childcare services
- Transportation Savings Account (TSA): Pre-tax savings for transit and parking services
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Professional development support through learning opportunities (internal workshops, external conferences, and organizational projects)
- Merit-driven recognition and performance management programs
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Telecommuting (via remote work from home options)
Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) is a global nonprofit organization that provides high-quality entrepreneurship education to middle and high school students from under-resourced communities, as well as programs for college students and adults. NFTE reaches 50,000+ students annually in 25 states across the U.S. and offers programs in 14 additional countries. We have educated more than a million students through in-school, out-of-school, college, and summer camp programs, offered in person and online. To learn more about how we are promoting inclusive capitalism and building the next generation of diverse entrepreneurs, visit www.nfte.com.
How To Apply
Go to NFTE’s Careers page. Please attach your resume along with a brief cover letter. In your cover letter, you must respond to the following:
- Are you authorized to work lawfully in the United States? __ Yes __ No
- Will you now or in the future require NFTE to sponsor an immigration case to employ you for (e.g., H-1B or other employment-based immigration case)? __ Yes __ No
- Are you subject to any restrictions (i.e. non-competes or any other prior employment commitments) that would inhibit your ability to carry out the responsibilities of this position at NFTE? __ Yes __ No
- Your experience as it directly relates to the requirements listed in the job description.
- Why you want to work for NFTE.
- Your salary requirements/expectations.
A cover letter and your response to the questions above are required. We will only contact applicants who provide a cover letter.
Due to the high amount of anticipated applications, NFTE cannot guarantee that all applicants will receive a reply and thank candidates in advance for their understanding.
NFTE is a student-focused, equity-driven organization that works to empower youth and combat inequities in education, the economy, and our broader society. We offer a diverse and inclusive workplace where learning from each other is an integral part of our culture. NFTE actively welcomes people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!