Tides’ Client Services Department delivers high quality relationship management solutions to Tides’ Philanthropic partners (individual and institutional donors) and Social Venture partners (nonprofit organizations) to further Tides’ mission and our partners’ objectives. At their core, the Associate must have a strong client service orientation and be adept at managing clients’ administrative and operational needs. The Associate is the main point of contact for a portfolio of Tides’ philanthropic and/or social venture partners and will provide program-wide support to the Client Services team as needed. Although exact time allocation may vary, roughly one-half of the Associate’s time will be spent managing their client portfolio and the other half of the role will provide program-wide support.
The Associate provides exceptional service and support to ensure that clients’ objectives are met, and that those objectives reflect Tides’ mission, and comply with Tides’ policies and procedures. In addition, the Associate provides quality service to internal Tides’ service teams on a range of administrative and operational activities.
This is a new, full-time position anticipated to start early November and last approximately 12 months, ending in November 2021. The position is contingent on grant funding, which is expected to be finalized in December 2020. Employment beyond the grant term is dependent on continued grant funding and project needs. This position is based in San Francisco with an anticipated return to work scenario.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
CLIENT MANAGEMENT (50%)
● Serve as the primary point of contact to an assigned portfolio of client partners as part of a cross-functional team to support partners’ operational and administrative needs.
● Assist service team on managing select complex client relationships
○ Provide operational support for highly complex clients, including processing financial and grant transactions, responding to requests for information, drafting correspondence, and coordinating internal/external meetings and events.
○ Provide accurate and timely financial statements to inform grantmaking and investment activities.
○ Support development and execution of client related contracts, service agreements, Memorandums of Understanding (MOU), and other documents in coordination with internal Tides teams.
○ Support the entire grants cycle including processing and review of grants, communication with clients and grantees, and data entry into the grants management system.
● Assess risk factors for clients’ activities and deepen expertise in non-profit compliance, and rules and regulations, in conjunction with Tides Legal, Risk Management and Compliance team.
● Resolve or escalate issues of concern raised by client partners and internal stakeholders in a timely and proactive manner.
● Maintain rapid turnaround time for client requests and provide initial review for completeness, accuracy, and compliance.
INTERNAL SUPPORT (40%)
● Collaborate with Tides team to identify and implement operational improvements to streamline and improve processes and procedures.
● Develop and maintain client trainings, including onboarding, operational policies and procedures, and client system portals
● Document and maintain Project Handbook, Fund Handbook, Advisor Guide and other dynamic databases of regularly used materials and resources
● Identify upcoming spins/closes and assure effective client services throughout process.
● Assist with data integrity, maintenance of client and program information in all databases.
● Provide administrative and operational support on Tides programmatic initiatives and working groups.
● Provide support on strategic consulting assignments including issue area research and analysis, drafting of deliverables, and ensuring project timelines are met.
● Pursue professional development opportunities to learn new skills that strengthen individual and departmental knowledge.
SPECIAL PROJECTS (10%)
● Complete special projects as assigned within the department’s portfolio of work, ensuring timely and high-quality service delivery.
● Serve as project manager for internal and external events as needed (i.e., staff retreat, lunch and learns, client gatherings).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
● Strong personal alignment with Tides’ Vision, Mission and Approach and or organizational values of respect, equity, empowerment, accountability and creativity..
● Strong administrative and operational track record.
● Experience with Salesforce, Docusign, Netsuite, Google apps and/or Microsoft Office suite.
● Creative problem-solving skills with a “can do” attitude and a “...how might we…” approach.
● Demonstrated sensitivity to and appreciation for diverse viewpoints, different communication styles, and a wide range of diverse colleagues and client partners.
● Ability to hold self accountable for high-quality, timely, and effective client service.
● Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build rapport with partners and stakeholders within and across organizations, especially with the goal of strengthening collaboration.
● Superb communication skills (verbal/written); Able to present accurate and appropriate information, engage in a direct and truthful manner, and hold information confidential with excellent judgement.
● Demonstrated skill at maintaining a high level of integrity and consistent ethical judgement in all working relationships
● Demonstrated ability to prioritize amongst multiple commitments, and to drive multiple projects simultaneously in a challenging and fluid environment.
● Strong analytical skills, including the ability to work with and manipulate data from multiple sources, assimilate and present information in a clear and concise manner.
● Strong project management skills, including planning and managing projects both independently and with colleagues.
● Strong work ethic, self motivation and team spirit.
Education and Experience
● B.A./B.S. or equivalent years of related work experience
● 3+ years experience in a similar operational role.
● 1-3 years of relevant and applicable work experience in nonprofit management, client-focused consulting or business administration and/or philanthropy
Please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter online. Your cover letter should express your interest in working for Tides and your qualifications for the role. You may also share your detailed LinkedIn profile with us. Tides is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and we look forward to reviewing applications from all who are qualified to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions. Also pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we encourage and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.