ONE is a global campaigning and advocacy organization supported by millions of members from around the world who are committed to the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa. We hold world leaders to account for the promises made to the poorest, and we press them to support better policies and aid that is more effective. We also work with leaders in Africa to support greater democracy, accountability and transparency and advocate for increased domestic investments in development so that these resources can be effectively deployed. With HQ in Washington, DC, we operate from North America, Europe and Africa.
ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work and activities. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about working to end extreme poverty and preventable disease and who will strive to embody our values. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment towards reaching a common goal of ending extreme poverty and preventable disease. When you work for ONE, you will receive excellent benefits along with the opportunity to be part of an international organization and to contribute to our mission.
The Talent & Development Manager is an integral member of the Global HR Team, responsible for spearheading the talent acquisition function. As a member of the Global HR Team, the Manager will partner with team members to create and deploy policies, processes, programs and initiatives that meet the talent acquisition, training, career development, leadership development and management development needs and goals of the ONE Campaign. The successful candidate will be creative and have a demonstrated track record of driving the innovation, implementation and optimization of best practices in talent acquisition, retention, employee development and more to identify, attract and hire the best talent for ONE.
The Talent & Development Manager will partner with hiring managers and lead other members of the Global HR Team to ensure a talent management function that is consistent with ONE’s values, mission, and strategic priorities.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Evaluate, improve and communicate a talent acquisition function that delivers high quality hiring results and builds ONE’s employment brand.
- Lead the life-cycle recruitment process for open positions in North America.
- Develop and execute trainings for hiring managers to identify top talent, conduct behavioral interviews, and remove unconscious bias.
- Develop recruitment strategies, job posting strategy, digital and non-digital employment branding, comprehensive recruitment campaign planning, and talent acquisition planning.
- Establish and provide recruiting metrics as well as other hiring and employment data, metrics and analytics.
- Develop and execute strategies to fill active and passive pipelines through sourcing and recruitment programs.
- Ensure a positive, smooth and efficient recruiting process both internally and externally; create a top-notch candidate experience through transparency, communication and speed.
- Evaluate, improve and communicate a structured internship program that helps young professionals gain quality work experience, while providing ONE teams with additional resources and building the employment brand.
- Contribute to onboarding processes.
- Coordinate and organize training and development programs for employees that improve individual and organizational performance.
- Partner with HR team members and other leaders in the organization to determine best solutions for employee development and learning paths.
- Develop communication and marketing methods to educate employees on educational programs, training resources and career development opportunities.
- Contribute to the employment brand for ONE; including new ways to promote open roles, ONE’s culture, and what makes ONE a top employer.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- 6+ years’ experience working in a Human Resources function, with a minimum 3 years’ in talent acquisition.
- In depth knowledge of best practices and latest trends and benchmark data in talent acquisition.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Proven experience partnering and communicating talent strategy to internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and HRIS systems.
- Prior experience utilizing and improving the functionality of an ATS.
- Experience coordinating learning and development programs preferred.
- Successful track record in talent acquisition and development.
- Must have excellent analytical, organizational, verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and build relationships with employees at all levels.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Fluency in English required. Fluency in other languages highly preferred such as Spanish, French, Arabic, or sign language highly desired.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
How To Apply
If you are ready to join the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, please submit a resume to this opening at ONE jobs.
ONE is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for a job, they may request it orally or in writing (please visit the Contact Us page on the web). ONE will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner.
ONE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Due to the high volume of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.