Saint Ann’s School, an independent, non-sectarian day school enrolling 1090 students in pre-kindergarten through high school, seeks a full-time Staff Accountant to manage student billing and assist with reconciliations as part of the month-end close and annual audit. Successful candidates will have strong systems experience and the ability to take the lead in transitioning the school to an online student billing system. We seek an individual with strong accounting skills and analytical thinking who is serious but with a capacious sense of humor, someone who possesses the ineffable qualities necessary to support a talented faculty and staff and a diverse community of students, families, and staff.
ABOUT SAINT ANN’S SCHOOL
Since its founding in 1965, Saint Ann’s has embraced a commitment to education for its own sake, oriented to the capacities of each individual student, free of the encumbrances of formal grading, prizes, and rankings. At the same time, we are unabashedly committed to excellence in all that we do. With a faculty and staff numbering more than 300 and 1090 students, Saint Ann’s is among the largest and most sought-after independent schools in New York City. Occupying space in seven separate buildings clustered in Brooklyn Heights, Saint Ann’s draws most of its students from nearby Brooklyn neighborhoods as well as Manhattan. Known for its commitment to an education that brings together passionate and talented teachers with gifted and motivated students, Saint Ann’s has earned an outstanding reputation in academic disciplines and the arts.
- Responsible for the Student Billing process
- Maintain student billing records.
- Bill tuition and other incidental charges monthly
- Set up payment schedules for all enrolled students
- Apply awarded financial aid to student accounts
- Handle tuition refund insurance and claims
- Collection of past due accounts
- Reconcile student billing balances with the general ledger
- Embrace a leading role in transitioning the school to an online student billing system
- Integration and maintenance of Veracross, Blackbaud and payment processing systems
- Process enrollment contracts and deposits and enter all new students and relevant information into the student billing system
- Record all other cash receipts payments including, but not limited to, development
- Prepare periodic journal entries, reconciliations, and account analysis
- Assist with monthly closing, quarterly analysis, and special departmental projects
- Recommend changes to procedures to improve efficiency and accuracy
- Degree in Accounting required
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in student billing or a related function
- Extensive knowledge of accounting systems and ability to work with facility in Blackbaud. Experience with Veracross a plus.
- Experience in independent schools and/or non-profit administration a plus
- High proficiency working with Microsoft Excel and Word and ability to work independently in an automated environment.
- High level of organization skills with an attention to detail and deadlines
- Think logically, make decisions and solve problems
- Maintain integrity and professionalism at all times
- Communicate effectively with all constituents in a school environment
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion
A competitive compensation package, commensurate with level of experience, plus benefits.
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATORY POLICY
The School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, age, marital status, disability, national or ethnic origin or sexual orientation in carrying on its educational activities or in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, employment policies, financial aid programs, and athletic and other school administered programs.
How To Apply
Please e-mail a resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applications with cover letters will be considered.