The Senior Manager, Community Health is responsible for the oversight of domestic and global programming and activities that contribute to improved breast cancer outcomes for underserved communities around the globe.
Position will be based in Dallas TX or Washington DC.
Major focus areas in this role include:
- Support and lead Komen’s initiatives around the globe including but not limited to, program/project design, development, implementation and management, community outreach, grantmaking, and expert engagement strategies,
- Work closely with the Director to develop long-term strategies for building Komen’s capacity, reach and reputation as a leader in breast cancer around the globe,
- Manage interactions with global and domestic partners,
- Engage within Komen to build awareness of programmatic activities, and build credibility, trust and rapport with stakeholders at all levels, within and outside of Komen,
- Develop innovative tools to support the department’s strategic objectives and contribute to the development of key revenue creation efforts,
- Develop, monitor and manage project budgets, liaising with Accounting and other departments as needed,
- Work collaboratively with other teams, including Development, Evaluations & Outcomes, Marketing, IT and others to deliver on specific needs, and with external partners to advance Komen’s mission globally,
- Lead the development of comprehensive program reports for donors and leadership,
- Represent Komen along with or in the place of Director at national and international meetings, conferences, media engagements and other meetings as needed,
- Ensure regular communication and strong collaboration between Komen and Komen partners, donor representatives and Komen HQ support functions,
- Actively manage grantmaking processes including effective management and administration of grant portfolios,
- All other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience Required
Master’s in Public Health/ Global Health/ Epidemiology or related field plus 5 or more years of relevant experience with a track record of delivering on complex programs. Experience in program/project management, including impact-evaluation and reporting and other experience related to community outreach and disparities work. Demonstrated experience managing projects and staff; excellent writing and editing skills; excellent oral communication skills including public presentation; ability to think quickly, critically and strategically; demonstrated understanding with quantitative and qualitative data analysis; instinctive service and customer relationship skills; advanced analytical and problem-solving skills; and excellent organizational and contract and project management skills. Proficiency in second language required; proficiency in Spanish and/or Portuguese a plus.
PhD in Public Health/ Global Health/ Epidemiology or related field plus 3 or more years of relevant experience. Strongly prefer candidates with prior experience working for a nonprofit organization, a detailed understanding of public health concepts, health care systems, familiarity with global trends and constituencies, and involvement with leaders outside of the U.S. addressing disparities / health equity issues. Experience in program development and managing multiple projects simultaneously, including design, budgeting, assessment, and reporting to donors. Proactive communicator and forward thinker. Prior experience with fundraising, grant-writing, and revenue generation. Experience developing written resources and/or publications. Ability to deconstruct complex problems and develop actionable plans.
Specialized Knowledge Requirements
Experience with complex financial and project management. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.) and international communication tools (Skype, Zoom, etc.). Strong organizational, planning, communication and customer service skills. Knowledge of public health program evaluation design and development, health statistics and knowledge management required. Strong project management, writing and presentation skills.
How To Apply
We encourage all qualified applicants to visit the Komen.org website / Careers to apply or via the link provided below (copy & paste):