Position: Sr. Accounting Manager
The Senior Accounting Manager reports to the Controller and works closely with the Chief of Finance and Operations. They are responsible for the day to day management of the Finance office and its functions. The Finance Office oversees all financial transactions and reporting for the Episcopal Diocese of New York, including accounting for the Episcopal Charities of New York, and payroll for the Bishop’s staff and some congregations. The successful candidate will possess strong financial, oral and written communication, organization and leadership skills. They should be able to take initiative. They must be comfortable working within a developing department (function), and with a level of ambiguity.
Finance and Accounting Leadership
- Responsible for review of general ledger
- Review quarterly accounting reports for managers
- Develop reports for monthly and quarterly committee meetings; and may present information to these committees
- Review bank accounts receivable and accounts payable reconciliations
- Review all payroll activities
- Assure adherence to internal controls
- Review and post all journal entries to the general ledger
- Assess fund activity for accuracy
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintain personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Supervise fixed asset activity
- Serve as point of contact to Episcopal Charities for all accounting related transactions
- Serve as a point of contact for congregations in the Diocese on many accounting related transactions as directed by the Controller
- Maintain confidential information for both Diocesan Office and congregations
Team Leadership Skills
- Leverage strengths of the current Finance Team members; help to clarify roles and responsibilities to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals.
- Recruit, select, orient and train new Finance Team employees, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred.
- 7-10 years of accounting experience required
- ADP payroll experience a plus
Skills and Knowledge
Knowledge in developing budgets, legal compliance, tracking expenses, management proficiency, motivating others, analytical thinking, and high attention to detail. Advanced knowledge of Excel required. Financial Edge experience. ADP Workforce Now experience a plus.
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter and resume including salary requirements to email@example.com.
Episcopal Diocese of NY is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How To Apply