About the Internet Society
The Internet Society (ISOC) is the world’s trusted independent source of leadership for Internet policy, technology standards, and future development. Based on its principled vision and substantial technological foundation, the Internet Society works with its members and chapters around the world to promote the continued evolution and growth of the open Internet through dialog among companies, governments, and other organizations around the world.
About the Position
The Internet Society Organizational strategy requires interaction with systems across our Ecosystem to support Staff and external Community stakeholder groups including Chapters/SIGs, Individual Membership, Organizational Membership, Grants-related work, and the Board of Trustees.
As such, the Software Developer Generalist will report to the Internet Society’s Director, Technology Solutions Architect and will function as the primary in-house developer for the collaborative system team. Working together with the Director, Technology Solutions Architect, he/she will be responsible for the maintenance and development of our current association management system (MemberNova) and its affiliated systems.
For new features or modifications, he/she will be involved in all phases of the development; from the design to the back-end modifications and finally to the front end. He/She will provide the technical documentation and conduct throughout testing prior its release.
He/She will also handle bulk data manipulation, reports creation or modification, automation's and serve as escalation point for troubleshooting.
Location: United States (open to all locations)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Modify software to fix errors, adapt it to new needs, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces.
- Conduct testing and validation procedures.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software.
- Create technical documentation for reference.
- Provide second-level AMS Helpdesk support to remote ISOC staff, members and chapter officers around the world. Escalate issues to vendor when needed.
- Primary owner of all data imports to Collaborative systems
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with User Interface development.
- Minimum software skills and experience required:
- Strong SQL and other database experience (5+ years). Specific experience with CosmosDB a strong plus
- Strong CRM/AMS experience preferably with multiple platforms (5 years).
- Experience leading direct data imports and migrations into CRM systems (3 years)
- REST API familiarity
- Must have strong Database Administrator (DBA) skill
- Basic Webmaster skills – familiarity with HTML, CSS etc.
- Excellent problem-solving skills – ability to proactively research issues and find solutions
- Excellent algorithmic skills
- Self-starter, with proven ability to work independently and as part of a distributed global team
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining attention to detail
- Strong competence in Mac operating systems and office productivity tools
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills in English a must. Additional languages will be considered a strong plus
- Strong requirement interpretation capabilities (i.e. skilled at understanding and converting them to working prototypes)
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally on occasion
Compensation and benefit package for this position will be competitively commensurate with the successful applicant’s qualifications. Information about the Internet Society and its activities may be found at https://www.internetsociety.org/.
Applications will be evaluated until the position has been filled. The list of applicants will not be posted publicly and will be reviewed in confidence by members of the evaluation committee.