The Stanley M. Isaacs Neighborhood Center (Isaacs Center) is a non-profit, multi-service organization focusing primarily on the needs of children and low-income families, out-of-school and out-of-work youth, and aging New Yorkers. We operate at community centers located in the neighborhoods of East Harlem and Yorkville, and seek to deliver programs that are impactful, innovative, and intergenerational.
The Social Work Supervisor for Aging Services will provide effective supervision to MSW level social worker staff and students interns, and direct case management and case assistance practice. This will include providing direct service to older adults and oversight of social work services provided to senior residents living in the Johnson Houses development of New York City Housing Authority, and throughout the East Harlem community. The position will include assistance with development and implementation of case management services near the Johnson Community Center, including outreach, collaboration with community partners, and contract management for private and government funding. Provision of services will be in accordance with Isaacs Center policies, contractual guidelines and standards.
The Social Work Supervisor for Aging Services must possess strong writing, speaking, interpersonal and organizational skills. The candidate must hold at least an LMSW; or LCSW. The candidate must have SIFI (Supervision In Field Instruction) certification. The candidate must have demonstrated experience providing exemplary supervision, case management service, facilitating group work, and managing data. The candidate must have a history of working with diverse and high-needs aging populations, value team building, and support the development of community to address complex issues.
• LMSW or LCSW
• A certified SIFI field instructor
• Prior experience working with the elderly highly preferred
• Prior experience supervising social work support
• Bilingual, English/Spanish highly preferred
• Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
• Ability to work some flexible hours (e.g., evenings, weekends, Thanksgiving or Christmas Holiday)
• Assist Clinical Director with the implementation of case management services at the Johnson Community Center
• Develop and implement outreach strategies
• Provide direct supervision to MSW level social work staff and student interns, including clinical supervision of case management work and administrative oversights such as managing time and workloads
• Ensure quality assurance is maintained for direct reports
• Provide case management and case assistance services to seniors residing in the Johnson Houses community
• Develop and oversee care plans to promote client self-determination; to assist seniors with staying in the community; and to promote healthy and independent aging.
• Collaboration with community partners to establish referral sources and mechanisms and fostering interdisciplinary case plans.
• Provide supportive counseling to seniors and their families, including crisis intervention.
• Develops and foster relationships with community resources and government agencies.
• Prepare and oversee documentation (assessments, case logs, case notes, etc.) as stipulated by contractual and agency standards and procedures.
• Assist with the preparation of proposals and reports for external funding sources.
• Assist the Clinical Director in development and implementation of new systems and procedures, including methods for outcome measurement.
• Prepares reports, as required by the Clinical Director.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
How To Apply
The Isaacs Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, gender, age, disability, marital status, political or sexual orientation, military status, prior record of arrest or conviction, citizenship status, current employment status, or caregiver status.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.