For more than a century, Hadassah, The Women's Zionist Organization of America, Inc. (HWZOA), has provided outstanding and highly innovative medical care; shared its passion for the land, people and future of Israel; and empowered women to take charge of their health and their lives. Every year, our hospitals in Israel treat more than 1 million patients of every race, religion and nationality, and our medical breakthroughs save lives all over the world. In the United States, our wellness initiatives create healthier communities and our advocacy efforts empower women to effect change on a wide range of issues. None of these achievements would be possible without Hadassah’s unique partnership among its highly experienced volunteer leaders and staff; more than 300,000 dedicated members, Associates, donors and supporters; and an outstanding professional team.
The Social Media Manager is a powerful communicator who works to advance Hadassah’s mission as a key member of the Marketing & Communications team focused on social media. This strategic professional will drive our social media campaigns, produce daily posts for Hadassah’s social platforms, recalibrate strategies based on analytics and evolving tools, work with key staff to identify and implement dynamic campaigns, and manage the organization’s social media calendar. The social media manager reports to the Associate Director of Internal Communications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research, plan and execute dynamic multimedia social campaigns (organic and paid), relying heavily on analytics and evolving nonprofit best practices and benchmarks in collaboration with key staff, under the supervision of an associate director.
- Identify, develop and implement strategies to nurture and grow Hadassah’s social communities, optimizing each platform.
- Craft compelling narratives across different channels with a strong understanding of how to match the message to the medium.
- Produce, publish and share all daily social content (original copy, images, graphics, and social video) that builds meaningful connections and encourages targeted audiences to take action.
- Manage social media calendar, adjusting daily as news and new development unfolds.
- Train national staff and volunteer leaders and create and maintain digital guidelines, tip sheets and online groups.
- Support Marketing & Communications Division as needed with proofreading, research, writing and editing.
- Track performance and results of campaigns and initiatives to ensure performance and department goals are being met.
- Must be a strong community manager, engaging and responding to followers while brainstorming new ways to encourage social conversations.
- Must have a passion and significant energy for social media with detailed knowledge and demonstrated experience around all social platforms.
- Assist with department projects as assigned.
Education or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field
- 5 to 7 years marketing and communications experience, with 3+ years of experience in social media marketing management, either at a nonprofit, digital agency or news organization.
- 3+ years of experience with Facebook Business Manager, Facebook Ads Manager
- Experience with design applications such as Photoshop along with apps that assist in content creation and editing such as Canva.
- Experience leading social media trainings and ability to support admins and moderators in Hadassah units around the country.
- Experience utilizing community management tools (such as Sprout Social) and listening tools (such as TweetDeck).
- Experience creating optimized video for social either using editing software such as Adobe Premiere or social video editing apps.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with a strong understanding of audience, framing, messaging and branding.
- Solid understanding of social media metrics, audience targeting, analytics and best practices.
- Track record of strategic thinking in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and stakeholders.
- Digital expert who can translate analytics and nonprofit best practices into effective social campaigns that resonate with target audiences.
- Passion for digital media, storytelling, and community engagement with strong sense of judgment
- Familiarity with social media landscapes relevant to Hadassah’s social presence,– Jewish communal world, women’s rights, Israel and Zionism would be advantageous.
- A strong communicator and collaborator with meticulous attention to detail.
- High level of comfort working in a fast-paced environment with a flexible, all-hands-on-deck attitude.
- Comfort in an environment of professional colleagues and strong volunteer leadership and engagement.