The Senior Systems Engineer is responsibility for all aspects of design, implementation, documentation, and operational support of current and new corporate systems. This individual will be an integral subject-matter expert (SME) on the IT Team. Having diverse experience in implementing and maintaining systems running on Windows, Linux, and AWS/Azure Infrastructure is vital to the success of this person. Willingness to communicate ideas openly and collaborate with other team members and business owners while also taking ownership of tasks is a necessity.
Working at Tides connects you with world-class teammates, enduring relationships, and an inspired sense of purpose—while our employee benefits support our team's talent and well-being. This is an exciting time to join Tides. In the past, Tides staff have worked predominantly from our offices in San Francisco and New York. Today, our hybrid work model supports staff with remote work from anywhere in the United States. We will be reopening our offices in the future, date to be determined.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Architect, implement, document, backup, secure, protect, and manage all things pertaining IT Infrastructure systems.
- Manage and administer the on-premise and Cloud-based IT Infrastructure (VMware, AWS, Azure, O365, Box, etc).
- Work closely with database, application, and software engineers to gather requirements from business owners to incorporate them into the design and implementation of systems.
- Partner and coordinate with VARs and outsourcing vendors to design, implement, and support current and new infrastructure systems and applications.
- Document infrastructure and work instructions for systems and applications.
- Produce metrics (KPI) regularly on the health of the infrastructure.
- Implement and administer SSO.
- Identify and automate routine or repetitive tasks.
- Ensure tickets are created, assigned, and updated appropriately with accurate time entries and resolution details
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 10 years as a hands-on highly technical IT Professional required
- Seven plus years of experience in Windows or Linux Server administration in a production environment.
- Seven plus years of experience managing Microsoft Windows Server
- Four plus years of experience with Linux (Red Hat/CentOS 7 and 8)
- Four plus years of experience with Cloud Infrastructure Services: AWS or Azure/O365, including MS Exchange Online
- Four plus years of experience with administering VMware vSphere 6/7
- Experience with Cloud-based identity and access management (Okta, OneLogin, MS Azure AD)
- Experience with logging analysis products such as Splunk or Solarwinds LEM
- Experience managing enterprise backup system such Rubrik and Veeam
- Knowledge of coding languages for scripting (eg. Python, PowerShell)
- Familiarity with integration technologies like APIs, Azure Functions, Boomi, etc.
- Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis
- Strong ability to interface with customers and technical staff.
Please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter online. Your cover letter should express your interest in working for Tides and your qualifications for the role. You may also share your detailed LinkedIn profile with us. Tides is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and we look forward to reviewing applications from all who are qualified to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions. Also pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we encourage and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. If you seek an accommodation, please advise in writing at the time you apply.