The Senior Philanthropy Writer will create proposals, cases for support, direct response communications, presentations, etc., for use by Philanthropy Division staff and volunteers, handling a variety of projects to support the development communications in support of fundraising from various donor constituencies. The person in this role will be an integral member of the Donor Experience Department within the Philanthropy Division.
- Work closely with Direct Response team, Major Gift Officers, Hadassah Offices in Israel, and fundraising colleagues to craft fundraising messages, proposals, reports, cases for support, and other documents for funding and stewardship, in alignment with strategic properties as determined by leadership.
- In partnership with Associate Director, Development Communications, maintain proposal, report, photo, and video libraries, in collaboration with Hadassah Offices in Israel, Institutional Giving, and Marketing & Communications.
- Conduct research and interview staff at HWZOA and HMO to compose copy for individual proposals and other fundraising documents.
- Ensure that messaging is consistent across Philanthropy and in line with Marketing & Communications core messaging.
- In partnership with Donor Experience volunteers, craft major donor acknowledgment letters for a variety of uses annually.
- Collaborate with other members of the Donor Experience, Direct Response, Institutional Giving, and Marketing & Communications teams to provide content and editing for other print and web-based materials as appropriate, to ensure quality and consistency.
- Work, if/as needed, with designers, other writers, etc. on the design and production of principal donor communications pieces.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- BA/BS, with a concentration in English, journalism, or writing strongly preferred. Master’s degree preferred.
- 4-6 years of professional writing; experience with the non-profit proposal or healthcare writing strongly preferred.
- Experience with InDesign a plus
- Working with printed direct response materials a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Blackbaud and digital project management systems preferred
- Ability to learn new computer programs/database
- Experience with in InDesign, working with printed direct response materials a plus
How To Apply
Apply for Senior Philanthropy Writer using the link below: