The International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS) is a world-leading research organisation that provides independent, objective information on military, geopolitical and geo-economic developments that could lead to conflict. It is headquartered in London with offices in Bahrain, Singapore, Berlin and Washington DC.
We seek to appoint a Senior Operations Administrator for the IISS–Americas office in Washington DC. This position will support the Executive and Managing Directors in meeting the operational, management, and compliance requirements of a vibrant, fast-paced non-profit and work closely with colleagues in the London headquarters.
Duties will include, but are not limited to
- Human resources and non-profit management such as new hire paperwork, benefits management, timekeeping, and organisational compliance with government regulations;
- Office and facilities management including ensuring smooth running of ITC systems, maintaining office supplies, and managing vendor relationships;
- Managing travel arrangements and other administrative support for Executive Director;
- Event organisation and execution for public and private events;
- Financial reporting and vendor payments in close coordination with finance department;
- Managing internship programme and activities of 2-3 paid interns;
- Maintaining US contacts in CRM database;
- Responding to membership and general inquiries directed at US office;
- Ensuring welcoming environment for office guests.
Successful candidates should have the following:
- 4-6 years of work experience and at a minimum an undergraduate degree;
- Strong administrative experience and general knowledge of HR and non-profit rules and regulations;
- Superior communications skills, both written and oral, and sharp attention to detail;
- Ability to collaborate well with a wide range of people both in person and remotely across time-zones;
- Sound judgement and discretion;
- Ability to manage multiple complex tasks concurrently.
Eligibility and compensation
Applicants must have authorisation to work in the US (IISS–Americas is unfortunately unable to assist in procuring visas or entry permits). Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. IISS–Americas offers a generous benefits package.
How To Apply
Candidates should submit two documents:
- Resume with a list of three references
- Cover letter
Via the IISS website
The resume and cover letter should be clearly labelled .pdf files. Please include your first and last name in the title for each document.
The cover letter should detail in no more than two pages (8 1/2” x 11”, single spaced, Times New Roman, 12 font) your experience in office operations and the skills and abilities that have prepared you for both the tasks outlined above and the leadership to manage other staff.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 11:59 ET Sunday 14 March. Due to the volume of applications, we regret that we are unable to respond to every single one.
The IISS is an equal opportunities employer.