ABOUT – (NFTE) Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship
NFTE is a 33-year-old, international, $10 MM+ educational nonprofit that activates the entrepreneurial mindset in young people. With a team of 50+ world-class professionals, we reach 31,000+ kids, 1,000+ classrooms, 400+ teachers, and 350+ schools in underserved communities across the United States and in 14 other countries around the world.
NFTE works with a variety of public and private sector partners to bring its uniquely effective brand of experiential, project-based learning to young people. NFTE learners are supported by a highly trained Teacher Corps, coached by a dedicated Volunteer Corps, and motivated and rewarded by opportunities to vie for scholarships and seed capital at a series of annual business plan and pitch competitions.
NFTE doesn’t just teach practical business skills. It ignites a passion for learning and re-engages students in school, preparing young people for college, career, and a dynamic future of work. It enables students to own their futures by teaching them to think and act like entrepreneurs. The impact of a student’s NFTE experience can last a lifetime, as will the work of NFTE’s Senior Manager, Programs – Capital Region.
NFTE seeks an entrepreneurial, highly experienced leader capable of managing a key regional operation. A knowledgeable professional with a nonprofit background and K-12 market experience is highly desired. The Senior Manager, Programs – Capital Region will strategize big-picture goals and outcomes, while concurrently developing tactical plans to support NFTE’s youth programs. You will creatively manage and guide our entrepreneurial programs that support underserved youth through in-school, out-of-school, and summer entrepreneurship programs. In this role, you will be responsible for driving regional operational market strategies and earned revenue of NFTE’s products and programs, while overseeing support services of programming within the K-12 education market. The Senior Manager, Programs – Capital Region will be responsible for providing direct support to NFTE schools and teachers (our valued customers and partners).
NFTE is seeking to elevate its advocacy presence in the D.C. Capital region to better educate policy makers on NFTE’s approach to education public policy and the efforts of the organization.
As a thought leader in this space, you will engage with the CEO and the senior leadership team to connect local programmatic work to our advocacy efforts in influencing public policy that governs education, workforce development and nonprofits. This role presents an opportunity to impact awareness around how/why NFTE’s model empowers young people to own their futures and promotes more equitable access to economic opportunity through entrepreneurship education. As such, applicants with a background in policy/political work will be of particular interest.
Additionally, the Senior Manager, Programs – Capital Region will lead regional financial planning and, in partnership with regional and national Advancement leadership, will collaborate to build, grow, and manage Regional Advisory Boards.
The successful candidate will have a strong nonprofit background along with experience in program design, program implementation, program sales, and guiding support services in a youth development organization, and/or in a K-12 educational market. This position is for a motivated, hardworking, creative leader who brings a deep commitment to, passion for, and belief in youth entrepreneurship education as a transformational opportunity for young people. This position has potential to grow and expand long term into an Executive Director role as we continue to refine our regional operations model.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Develop tactical plans to support high quality, best-in-class programming, expand NFTE’s student reach, increase student impact, and oversee the training and support of a growing corps of entrepreneurship educators.
- Build strategic partnerships across the community and raise NFTE’s visibility broadly and among key stakeholders and decision-makers.
- Serve as a key advocate in elevating our profile in the D.C. Capital region among policy makers.
- Partner with the CEO and the senior leadership team on local programmatic work in support of our advocacy efforts.
- Develop, maintain, and grow existing relationships with district leaders, administrators, teachers, and local colleges and universities, as well as attract and build relationships with new schools, networks of schools, and other potential strategic partners.
- Provide leadership to and manage the efforts of site staff to ensure appropriate support of all departments.
- Manage and support NFTE-trained teachers and ensure successful implementation of curriculum and professional development resources.
- Manage the Program team to support and ensure student impact, program expansion, and successful implementation of NFTE Teacher Corps initiatives.
- Coordinate with regionally based teacher leaders, assess needs of NFTE teachers, and provide professional development and instructional monitoring support, as required.
- Maintain timely and accurate reporting of the sales-funnel progress, account plans, and regional territory management activities.
- Achieve quarterly and annual revenue targets by developing new business, while cultivating and strengthening current business relationships.
- Collaborate with other regional and home office team members to continuously improve and introduce scalable best practices.
- Stay current with industry competitors and educational trends, including territory-specific issues and opportunities to customize the positioning of NFTE’s programs within the region.
- Work jointly with NFTE’s Advancement team to support fundraising initiatives and create compelling donor partnership opportunities.
- Work with NFTE’s Finance team on budgeting, including earned income forecasting and expense management.
- Work with the Research/Curriculum team to ensure program fidelity, monitor data, and track measurable program outcomes.
- Collaborate with NFTE’s Marketing team to develop on-brand collaterals that support regional programming.
- Model a collaborative approach as you work across NFTE’s departments, via a remote work structure.
- Additional duties as assigned/needed.
The Senior Manager, Programs – Capital Region will, through daily work, have an opportunity to directly empower youth and combat inequities in education, the economy, and our broader society, in a key, high profile NFTE Region. This highly visible role will be an integral member to not only the NFTE Capital regional team, but to the National NFTE team, as well. This is an opportunity to advance to a future director level role in a world-class, stable, emerging growth organization with a competitive salary and benefits program. The Senior Manager, Programs – Capital Region will interface with a range of Local and National stakeholders to break the poverty cycle and systemic racism through entrepreneurship education, creating life-long learners, and providing kids an additional life pathway to success.
Join a NFTE team that is passionate about their mission and history, as a global educational nonprofit focused on bringing the power of entrepreneurship to youth in underserved communities. Partner with NFTE in empowering kids to forge a new economic pathway. Play an integral part in creating a long term, bottom-up solution to combating poverty and systemic racism. Help NFTE create future leaders of tomorrow, lifting traditionally underserved communities in the process. Instill an entrepreneurial spirit in our youth, helping them to see that they have control of their life pathway, and NFTE programs can pave the way to success. Join NFTE, and work alongside a mission-driven team, passionate board members, and the greater Capital-area community. Are you ready to help NFTE truly make a difference in the lives of young people?
- Having a nonprofit background and K-12 market experience are key requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- Possess 7+ years’ experience in program design, program implementation, and managing support services in youth development and/or in a K-12 educational market.
- Display a track record of sales success by having met or exceeded past sales quotas.
- Experience networking with high-level district administrators and educational decision makers.
- Experience managing, building, and mentoring a regional team of program support staff.
- Having pre-existing relationships with senior-level, regional, and/or national education contacts responsible for K-12 school programming, preferred.
- Knowledge of K-12 district/school program delivery with a strong technology background (including knowledge of technology platforms that school districts use to deliver content).
- Experience developing support systems and processes for teacher engagement and development.
- A team player capable of partnering with multiple stakeholders across NFTE on complex issues.
- High level abilities to prepare and deliver oral and written communications / proposals.
- Strong planning, organizational, and prioritization skills.
- Energetic self-starter with strong work ethic.
- School-based or central office administrative experience a plus.
- This is a full-time position with a flexible, virtually based structure in the D.C./Baltimore region.
- NFTE is currently 100% remote - utilizing employee home office locations and, where feasible, flexible workspace type locations combined with remote work from home settings.
- The position will require some travel locally, regionally, and nationally.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this role.
- Competitive salary with a total rewards suite of outstanding competitive benefits, including:
- NFTE sponsored Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance (fully paid by NFTE)
- 403(B) Retirement Savings Plan with generous company match
- Generous PTO (extensive vacation/holidays/personal time; paid sick time)
- Summer Fridays, Flex Time, Paid Family Leave, Short and Long term Disability and “NFTE Time” (additional paid holiday break between Christmas and New Year’s Day)
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA): Pre-tax savings for expenses not covered by plan
- Dependent Care Account (DCA): Pre-tax savings for childcare services
- Transportation Savings Account (TSA): Pre-tax savings for transit and parking services
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Professional development support through learning opportunities (internal workshops, external conferences, and organizational projects)
- Merit-driven recognition and performance management programs
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Telecommuting (via remote work from home options)
How To Apply
NFTE has retained the services of ThinkingAhead Executive Search. Please submit your resume and expression of interest to: Dan Kuhar, Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ThinkingAhead Executive Search is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a work environment that supports, inspires and respects all individuals. Personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic ancestry, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics. This applies to every aspect of employment including hiring, training, advancement and termination. The firm is committed to creating a just culture of diversity, equity and inclusion by practicing, within the company and the marketplace we serve, intentional strategies that serve marginalized individuals and groups.