The Sr. Manager, Marketing Communications is responsible for creating, implementing and evaluating a
comprehensive, strategic marketing communications program to advance the Foundation’s mission,
vision, programs, products and strategic plan.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
Marcom Strategy and Project Management
• Creates, implements, monitors and reports on marketing and communications strategies to advance
fundraising, awards/grants campaigns, and public awareness.
• Leads marketing and communication efforts that empower the Foundation to cultivate and enhance
meaningful relationships with targeted audiences, including AASLD members, industry partners and
grateful patients and families.
• Oversees the development of creative marketing collateral and assets that convey the Foundation’s
compelling mission, need for support, and stewardship of donor dollars through its awards and grants
program. This includes hiring and managing a variety of vendors (e.g., graphic designers, agencies,
printers, etc.) to ensure all projects are delivered on time, within budget and to the agreed upon scope
• Responsible for leading and monitoring a project management process to ensure smooth
implementation of marcom campaigns and requests.
Branding and Quality Control
• Owns branding and brand execution for the Foundation and it programs.
• Establishes and monitors visual, messaging and editorial guidelines – driving their implementation
throughout the Foundation to maintain consistency and alignment.
• Reviews all marcom pieces to ensure consistency and adherence to brand, style and established
Storytelling and Message Development
• Creates messaging and content strategies to ensure AASLD Foundation’s story is delivered to
audiences in a clear, targeted, concise and compelling manner.
• Writes and edits communications for a variety of marcom channels including AASLDfnd.org,
AASLDNews, Foundation publications, social media, marketing collateral, fundraising appeals, email
Exhibits and Meetings Marketing
• Responsible for the planning and implementation of the Foundation’s presence at The Liver Meeting®,
including complete management of the Foundation’s booth (i.e., working with staff to determine booth
theme; working with vendors to select booth structure, determining design, and ensuring proper
• Responsible for all Foundation marketing (e.g., collateral material development, signage, walk-in
slides, giveaways, etc.) at The Liver Meeting®.
• Responsible for developing materials for meetings/exhibits where AASLD Foundation has a presence.
• Prepares and manages the Foundation’s annual marketing and communications budget and calendar.
• Prepares and disseminates weekly and monthly marcom reports.
• Participates in Foundation staff, committee and board of trustees’ meetings as needed. Participates in
AASLD marcom staff meetings.
• Any other duties assigned by the Director of Marketing or Sr. Director of Marketing Communications.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree communications, marketing or related field.
• 7 years of experience in marketing communications at a foundation, association, medical society or
• Demonstrated ability to develop and implement marcom strategies with autonomy.
• Demonstrated understanding of the print production process and ability to manage print projects:
schedule all steps from design concept to delivery; work with graphic designers and printers;
understand and resolve common problems; make recommendations to staff.
• Demonstrated ability to execute email marketing campaigns (preferably via Informz or a similar email
• Exceptional project, meeting and time management skills.
• Experience with organizational use of social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter and other
• Ability to travel
How To Apply
Visit https://www.aasld.org/about-aasld/aasld-careers to review this position description. To apply, submit your cover letter, salary requirements and resume to email@example.com by February 28, 2018. Principals only.