The Senior Investment Analyst will provide key client management support in partnership with the Director, Investments. The Sr. Investments Analyst will work directly with the Director, Investments and other team members to serve clients with complex financial planning and impact investment needs and grow the Investments team strategies and offerings. The Senior Investment Analyst will also participate in the longer term cross functional projects to continually enhance the impact investment offerings and client experience. This role will drive impact and foster a culture that is grounded in Justice, Equity, Inclusion & Diversity (JEDI) and Tides core values - Respect, Accountability, Creativity, Equity and Empowerment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Regularly provide information about Tides impact investment services and solutions to new and existing clients.
- Maintain and evolve the impact investment roadmap to ensure progress based on learnings.
- Participate in the development of new investment clients and discuss investment products and services, investment strategies, investment performance, risk profiles and review of market conditions.
- Evaluate the performance of investments, and make timely changes to a portfolio due to cash flows, rebalancing, guideline changes to meet investment client objectives.
- Develop and present long-term capital sufficiency analyses based on client goals, current financial data, inflation and investment assumptions.
- Maintain a current awareness of new impact investment strategies and instruments through regular investment research.
- Leverage landscape analysis to identify leading impact investment trends and recommend alterations or enhancements to Tides investments products and services.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of investment screening processes with a particular focus on impact investments
- Regularly interact with clients; regarding transactions, such as asset transfers and account opening procedures, researching client inquiries and conducting quarterly performance reviews.
- Provide client account onboarding and structuring.
- Partner with the Director, Investments to prepare Board materials and summaries or for other client meetings.
- Work closely with internal operations teams to document procedures and support process improvement efforts including streamlining workstreams, data collection, data management, knowledge management, onboarding and training of new clients.
- Support ongoing efforts to optimize the client experience.
- Drive, evaluate and facilitate process improvement projects across cross-functional teams including Finance/Accounting, Marketing, Client Services, Strategic Partnerships, Legal, and Information Technology.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Passionate about Tides’ mission, vision, approach and values.
- Strong knowledge of investment products, services, basic investment/accounting concepts and terminology like IRR, TWR, distributed capital, performance benchmarking, cash flows, etc.
- Knowledge of direct investing and complex solution-making through investment policies, procedures and strategies.
- Knowledge of the impact investing field, strategies and approaches a plus.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, vagueness, and complexity. Highly autonomous and emotionally intelligent.
- Ability to improve the end-user experience, working with business stakeholders, and thrive on the challenge of solving complex business problems in a fast-paced, rapidly growing organization.
- A self-starter with the ability to anticipate needs and act ahead of direct guidance in a fast-paced environment.
- A problem-solver - eager to optimize projects and processes for overall business operational efficiency.
- Ability to be resourceful, proactive, reliable, trustworthy, and assertive when necessary.
- Attention to detail, dedication to accuracy and a “no task is too small” mentality.
Education and Experience:
- 5 - 8 years of combined work experience in impact investing, wealth management, investment advisory, asset management, financial services or socially focused enterprise
- 5 - 8 years demonstrated experience in client facing roles.
- BA/BS degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience or background in Finance/Investments related field / quantitative field preferred.
- Experience using MS Office Suite to manipulate data, validate and visually represent information for presentations.
- Experience with other tools including general documenting tools like Word, PowerPoint, and Google Sheets/Docs/Slides.
- Prior experience or ability to learn and manage cloud software like Addepar, Salesforce, and NetSuite.
- Experience with quantitative data management.
- CFA, CFP, CAIA distinction is a plus.
Please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter online. Your cover letter should express your interest in working for Tides and your qualifications for the role. You may also share your detailed LinkedIn profile with us. Tides is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and we look forward to reviewing applications from all who are qualified to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions. Also pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we encourage and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. If you seek an accommodation, please advise in writing at the time you apply.