We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team.
The Senior Events Manager is an integral part of a highly functioning team at a cutting edge organization. The Human Rights Campaign (HRC) is the United States’ largest organization working to achieve lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) equality. HRC -- with its more than 3 million members and supporters nationwide-- envisions a world where LGBTQ people are embraced as full members of society at home, at work, and in every community.
Join the fast-paced team of event professionals at America’s leading LGBTQ organization. Work with volunteers from around the country to raise critical funds that directly support HRC’s work through the HRC Gala Events program. The Senior Events Manager reports directly to the Director of Events and is responsible for coordinating more than 25 black-tie primary fundraising events and approximately ten smaller national fundraising events annually.
- Develop strong event committees in each assigned HRC city/region;
- Work with event Co-Chairs and members of the local HRC Steering Committees (Board members, event and major donor Co-Chairs, field associates) in planning, budgeting, and overall management of fund raising events;
- Maintain strict budget controls for all events;
- Manage all income/expense reporting for each event and prepare appropriate reports;
- Manage all event data to ensure names of attendees, volunteers, etc. become part of the HRC database; and insure that volunteers and contributors to events are acknowledged in an appropriate and timely manner;
- Ensure that the tone and focus of events are in keeping with HRC's mission;
- Cultivate HRC loyalty among volunteers; educate and update volunteers on HRC's program goals and activities;
- Lead specific programmatic efforts around cost savings initiatives and utilization of technology to improve overall management of the program;
- Assist in the planning of the annual HRC Event Co-Chair Conference; provide event management training for the Co-Chairs;
- Serve as the primary HRC contact for fundraising volunteers;
- Work with other development, field, and program staff to implement plans to create a presence for HRC in new cities and regions;
- Serve, when necessary, in the capacity of public speaker for HRC;
- Travel to various fundraising events around the country as necessary;
- Work on additional fundraising activities as assigned including the HRC National Dinner and related activities, community events and special events.
- Assist with the planning and execution of HRC’s National dinner, working closely with the volunteer dinner committee.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree (or equivalent in experience) with five or more years related event planning experience is required.
- Must have proven senior level volunteer management and event management and production experience
- A strong background in event management including high-profile, large scale fundraising dinners.
- Demonstrated experience working with caterers, production and a/v vendors, as well as event budget management.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and organizational awareness to work effectively with internal/external stakeholders
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, , and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced team environment.
- Must have excellent writing skills, computer proficiency, and strong verbal communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently and take initiative on new projects.
- Flexibility with work schedule; this position requires evening and weekend work.
- Must be willing to travel at least 30% of work time.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word) and Google Apps (Gmail, Google Docs and Drive)
- Strong willingness to be a team player – to roll up your sleeves and get the job done
- Strong interest in and knowledge of the rapidly changing LGBTQ equality movement.
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
No phone calls, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.
How To Apply