Senior Director for Individual Giving & Development OperationsSenior Director for Individual Giving & Development Operations https://www.foundationlist.org/wp-content/themes/fildisi/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 SGines https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/36374a46dbccaf303bd69855fe179301?s=96&d=mm&r=g
Children’s Health Fund seeks a talented fundraising professional to join as Senior Director for Individual Giving & Development Operations. Reporting to the Senior Vice President for Development and Communications, the Senior Director is an integral member of the development
team (8 members) and oversees all aspects of individual giving, including major gifts ($10,000 and above), mid-level donors ($1,000-$9,999) and annual fund (<$1,000), as well as Raiser’s Edge administration and other development operations. The position supervises the Annual Giving Manager and the Senior Database & Research Manager, and is responsible for the following. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
● Managing relationships with approximately 50 major donors and prospects. This includes identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors.
● Developing increased levels of involvement and financial support among donors and prospects, both alone and in conjunction with Children’s Health Fund senior and program staff, Board of Directors and Advisory Board members, and other volunteers.
● Developing revenue goals and performance measures for expanding the major gifts program.
● In collaboration with the SVP, ensuring all major donors have appropriate and strategic moves management and stewardship plans in place to maximize gift potential and build donor satisfaction and loyalty, and that they are fully implemented.
● Working with the Annual Giving Manager to create a pipeline of major gift prospects.
● Overseeing major gifts donor research, including preparing research profiles on prospective and current donors, and managing external research consultants and vendors (WealthEngine).
● Ensuring the integrity of donor and prospect files and the RE database as they relate to major gifts.
Mid-level and Annual Fund
● With Annual Giving Manager, planning and executing 4-5 mailings to mid-level and annual fund donors per year.
● With Annual Giving Manager, SVP and Communications, overseeing stewardship and developing strategies with the aim of increasing retention.
● Exploring acquisition opportunities.
Donor Database Management
● Reviewing and revise, as necessary, protocol regarding the entry of data into the donor database (Raiser’s Edge).
● Overseeing the donation acknowledgement process.
● Other projects as needed.
● Supporting other development activities as needed.
● Participate in organizational DEI and anti-racism initiatives
● Bachelor’s degree.
● Ten or more years of professional fundraising experience, including at least five years of individual giving experience.
● Demonstrated success securing 6-figure gifts from individuals.
● Success with membership/annual fund programs.
● Experience managing a team.
● Experience working successfully with institutional leaders, including senior management, colleagues and volunteer leadership.
● Ability to assess the needs and interests of major gift donors in order to develop strategic and long-term partnerships and recognize opportunities.
● Excellent interpersonal skills and extreme professionalism.
● Strong writing, communications and presentation skills, and the ability to be an effective spokesperson for Children’s Health Fund.
● Knowledge of major gift best practices and commitment to appropriate compliance.
● Experience with Raiser’s Edge donor database.
● Ability and willingness to travel domestically as needed.
● Master’s degree.
● Experience working with organizations that provide services to marginalized populations.
● Knowledge of the New York City philanthropic community.
Children’s Health Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse work environment.
Salary commensurate with experience. Children’s Health Fund offers an excellent compensation/benefits package.
Children’s Health Fund staff is currently working remotely with the option of coming to the office through at least May 2021. It is expected that at some point in 2021 employees will be asked to be in the NYC office part-time.
How To Apply
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter (including salary requirements) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.
For further information on our programs, please visit our website www.childrenshealthfund.org and check out the Healthy and Ready to Learn Resource and Training Center website, www.hrl.nyc