YouthBuild USA is seeking a strategic, creative, and results-oriented Senior Designer to elevate YouthBuild’s global brand. In this new position, the successful candidate will shape the design strategy for print and digital assets, while bringing consistency across all materials.
The organization launched new branding for a global network of YouthBuild programs in October 2020. Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing and Communications, the Senior Designer will strengthen and evolve the brand to increase visibility for the YouthBuild movement across all internal and external stakeholders.
Candidates should provide a link to a design portfolio within a cover letter or resume.
- Oversee the design strategy, quality, and consistency for YouthBuild’s global brand.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications Team and internal departments—such as Development, Advocacy, Program, Alumni Services, and International—to produce innovative and impactful designs for various target audiences.
- Lead the creative vision for the organization’s marketing materials across print and digital channels, including reports, fact sheets, collateral templates, presentations, events, ads, e-newsletters, infographics, social media graphics, email and landing page content, and videos.
- Spearhead the creative process from conception to production for large, complex initiatives and smaller-scale projects, acting as a strategic thought partner on design and branding.
- Maintain and further establish design standards and processes.
- Manage external vendors for traditional and digital creative projects.
- Develop an internal project request process and creative brief for marketing deliverables across all departments; facilitate sessions to capture ideas, feedback, and project requirements.
- Implement systems for managing and sharing multiple brand assets across a global network of programs.
- Provide ongoing internal and program-facing trainings on how to leverage our brand effectively and utilize co-branding best practices.
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design.
- 5+ years graphic design experience in a creative department or agency working across all media channels—traditional, digital, and social.
- Keen understanding of web and email design best practices, particularly related to accessibility and inclusive design.
- Experience managing creative projects from concept to completion.
- Multiple stakeholder and vendor contact experience required.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Cloud applications (particularly InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator) and Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel).
- Thorough understanding of current trends in typography, color, and graphic design.
- Exceptional communication and presentation (written and verbal) skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team within a diverse community, while incorporating feedback and managing multiple projects.
- Creative problem solver, highly organized, system-minded, and process-oriented.
- Superior project management skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Savvy with digital asset management systems, and online collaboration and project management software.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS and responsive design.
- Familiarity with Adobe Premiere Pro or similar video editing software a plus, but not required.
- Art direct photo shoots; photography skills a plus.
- Must have a passion for our mission and a good sense of humor.
How To Apply
To apply, visit: https://apply.workable.com/youthbuild-usa/j/F6CBDA76F1/.