- This position is located in the Parker, Colorado office and is not eligible for remote out of state work.
- This position is eligible for hybrid work days after 6 months of employment.
- Please read the spiritual requirement of this position (non-denominational Christian or Church of Christ requirement) Why? These are the ministries and churches we serve. Its important for employees to believe in and understand our mission as it relates to the Restoration Movement.
Job Title: Senior Accountant, Planned Giving
Job Summary: The Senior Accountant, Planned Giving will primarily be responsible for the
development, implementation, and ongoing management of the financial processes necessary to support
The Solomon Foundation’s planned giving program, including proper recording of charitable gifts and
grants, management of donor funds, and reporting.
• Research and develop administrative and financial processes necessary to support TSF’s Planned Giving program
• Document and implement planned giving processes and procedures
• Perform transactions to properly record charitable gifts and manage donor funds
• Coordinate requests from donors for grants, obtain necessary approvals, and perform the system transactions needed to process and record approved grants
• Prepare and distribute quarterly donor fund statements and year end giving statements
• Prepare and record journal entries in support of accurate and timely preparation of financial statements and reports on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
• Perform account reconciliations and cash reconciliations
• Engagement with outside audit firm in support of annual audit
• Implement changes in processes as needed to comply with new or updated regulations and accounting standards
• Continuously monitor and assess planned giving and accounting processes and procedures for improvement, driving changes throughout the organization as needed, and modeling a culture of continuous improvement
• Partner with TSF Operations Team and Field Team to provide support and guidance as needed regarding day-to- day planned giving transactions and the impact on financial statements
• Lead cross-functional project teams
• Prepare ad-hoc reports and analysis as needed to support the VP of Accounting and CFO Daily
• Daily planned giving transactions
• Oversight of accounting functions
• Excellent understanding of GAAP and relevant financial accounting regulations
• Proficient in technology, including Office 365 applications, with Advanced skills in Excel
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional project management and interpersonal skills
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
• Continuous improvement mindset Education and Experience needed:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field required
• Prior experience in accounting for donor funds and charitable giving
• Clear understanding of the Restoration Movement (RMM) and in agreement with such movement
• Outside activities to be above reproach and align with and support organization's goals and values.
• Treats people with respect, keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works ethically with integrity.
• Sit or stand in the same area for long periods of time, being on a computer most of the day, answering the phone, reaching, and bending
• Travel as needed
**Note: Job descriptions are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with this job.
How To Apply
Please send your resume to HR@thesolomonfoundation.org
Besides all the work related stuff above, TSF is an amazing place to work if you enjoy learning, have a servant's heart, love detail, and TSF's mission. We provide an exceptional paid benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, HSA, 403b plus match, STD/LTD, PTO, life insurance, and 12 paid holidays.