The Senior Accountant ensures the integrity of accounting information by verifying and recording transactions, and establishing quality control over financial transactions and reporting. The Senior Accountant assists in the preparation of financial statements and ensures that all deliverables comply with regulatory guidance and professional standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish business processes and maintain internal controls
- Ensure compliance with GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
- Responsible for managing day to day accounting activities
- Prepare schedules for annual audit, tax returns and quarterly tax estimates
- Calculate minimum spending requirements
- Manage monthly close process and prepare analysis of operating results
- Record all investment, grant making, and operating activity
- Develop annual operating budget
- Supervise accounts payable and credit card processing functions
- Review monthly account reconciliations
- Maintain physical inventory records
- Experience with a range of financial software systems and reporting tools.
- Excellent technical support skills including data analysis, database management, and word-processing.
- High standards regarding accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to use experience and good judgment to make appropriate decisions.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to communicate well and present financial information to senior management.
- Aptitude for organizing tasks, managing time and prioritizing projects.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with staff and adjust to changing priorities.
- Outstanding judgment, initiative and drive.
- Must have affection for animals, concern for their welfare and a willingness to accommodate animals in the work place.
- Must be a compassionate advocate of animal welfare and the mission of Maddie’s Fund.
- Must adhere to Maddie’s Fund core values.
- Must have an open, positive attitude and enjoy working in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment where a diversity of opinion is valued and encouraged.
- Must be able to deal effectively, politely, and interact productively with all types of people from all types of backgrounds and experience and in all types of situations.
- Ability to solve problems in an ever-changing environment; high degree of flexibility and adaptability.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Four-year college degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business
- Five + years experience in a related field
- CPA or MBA preferred
This position may require some travel and may include evenings or weekend hours as needed for events.
Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
How To Apply
Email your resume, salary requirements and cover letter to email@example.com.
Your cover letter should include answers to the following:
- Why do you want to work for Maddie's Fund?
- How will you add immediate value in this role?
- Describe key competencies that you feel would define your success in this position.