The Sales and Accounts Coordinator, Global Business Development is focused on supporting the achievement of ACTE’s business development strategies and goals by generating sponsorship revenue from existing sponsors and account and project management. The Coordinator will work with the Senior Director, Global Business Development to assist with the identification, cultivation, and development of prospects and renewing sponsors, tailoring proposals, negotiating contracts, closing deals, and providing on-going relationship management. The Coordinator will work closely with the sales and business development teams to assist them in the achievement of their sponsorship goals and management of contract deliverables. In addition, the Coordinator is responsible for meeting sponsorship sales targets, maintaining sponsorship retention and satisfaction, and for fostering long-term rewarding relationships.
This is a junior-level position. The incumbent will work with executive-level professionals and Fortune 100-500 companies, while serving as a right-hand to the Senior Director of Global Business Development. This unique hands on opportunity to provide project management for goliaths in the travel industry and develop professionally in the areas of sales, business development, and project management.
- Meet or exceed sponsorship sales, and sponsor retention, and satisfaction goals.
- Generate new sales leads and growth through referrals, cold-calling and market research, and maintaining a network database of contacts.
- Research companies that should be involved with ACTE and develop a continuous pipeline of leads to generate new business opportunities.
- Work closely with sponsors to have a clear understanding of their business needs while recognizing and working within ACTE budgets and financial considerations
- Create and present sponsor benefit proposals and provide consultative solutions to meet business needs and close opportunities by working in coordination with sponsorship objectives and research and education teams and leadership.
- Maintain a strong customer service focus and operational excellence to assure thorough delivery of sponsorship deliverables and a high sponsor satisfaction level. Ensure accurate preparation of contractual agreements for sponsors and timely collection of payments.
- Maintain accurate records on contacts opportunities and contracts to maintain up to date database(s).
- Produce regular activity/contact reports and revenue pipeline estimates as requested.
- Communicate and meet regularly with assigned sponsors and partners and assist other business development team members/regions in negotiating and closing deals.
- Prepare sales presentations and proposals using Microsoft Suite, including PowerPoint.
- Account Management includes work with internal teams and sponsors on implementation of contract deliverables, coordinate activation and deliverables with internal and external stakeholders, manage financial allocation(s) of lump sum contracts, and other contract and account management as necessary.
- Private Event/Program Manager includes coordination between sponsor and ACTE internal teams to source venue, develop agenda and content, market and execute private events, and create/manage project plan
- Effective time management skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal, listening, and people skills.
- Experience with building and maintaining relationships.
- Strong oral and written communication skills that can be tailored to internal and external audiences.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Eagerness to learn and professionally develop in sales and project management.
- Confident decision-making and follow-through.
- Computer literacy with strong hands-on capability in Microsoft Office, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, database and/or customer relationship management tools.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
- At least 1-3 year(s) of sales experience.
- A minimum of 1 year project management and/or business development experience is a plus.
This position can be located at the Alexandria, VA headquarters or in other areas including Northern Virginia, Richmond, Greater Chicago, or Northwest Indiana.
This position operates in a professional office environment, as well as remote access. This position can regularly require long hours and occasional weekend work. Travel may include some out-of-the-area trips, especially if attending ACTE events around the world and overnight travel may be expected.
The physical demands to successfully perform the essential functions of this position regularly require listening and talking. The position also requires frequent standing, walking, and use of hands or finger to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
How To Apply
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to: HRJobs@marcumllp.com. Please include the job title “Sales and Accounts Coordinator” in the subject line of your email.