The Colorado Health Institute (CHI) seeks a dynamic and innovative research analyst to join a team of professionals who are highly dedicated to improving the health of all Coloradans through evidence-based, nonpartisan, data-driven policy solutions. This is an entry-level position appropriate for those who are looking for a great place to begin a career in health policy research, consulting, and analysis.
- Conduct and interpret quantitative and qualitative analyses;
- Conduct literature reviews and other qualitative research, including key informant interviews;
- Review analyses prepared by other staff for quality, accuracy, etc.;
- Assist in producing succinct, reader-friendly policy briefs, white papers, blogs, primers, presentations, and fact sheets;
- Take an active role in meetings, events, and communication activities related to specific projects and areas of focus;
- Support policy analysts, program managers, and directors as needed.
- Periodic travel may be required.
Competitive candidates will possess:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in health policy, public health, health services research, mathematics, statistics or other relevant discipline.
- A high level of self-motivation, self-direction, and intellectual curiosity;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel;
- Strong written and oral communications skills;
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a timely manner;
- Work well both independently and as a member of a project team.
- Familiarity with statistical software such as SAS preferred.
Successful candidates will have demonstrated:
- Integrity, embodied by being honest and trustworthy;
- Leadership skills, including the ability to inspire others to achieve their best work;
- Initiative, shown by the confidence to make decisions and take risks; and
- Adaptability, key to working in a fast-changing environment.
- Competitive salary and potential for bonus based on company performance.
- Comprehensive benefits program, including medical, dental, vision, 401K, transportation and cell phone stipends, and paid time off annually.
The Colorado Health Institute is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
How To Apply
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to: Rene@thehrshop.com with the subject Research Analyst. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled but preference will be given to those applying on or before March 27, 2020.