The Camp Nurse at Camp DRIVE will work closely with all camp counselors and camp administers to provide the highest level of medical care to each camper. The medical care component for each camper shall be individualized and based on medical information submitted to Camp DRIVE. The Camp Nurse will be guided by professional standards and under the supervision of the Head Nurse & Camp Director.
- Must be licensed, and be currently registered as an RN or LVN in good standing with the Texas Board of Nursing (BON).
- The Camp Nurse should relate well with people with disabilities and enjoy outdoor activity, fresh air, and beautiful Texas scenery.
- Excellent driving record; able to pass extensive criminal/employee misconduct background checks
- General understanding of Positive Behavior Support in a group home or school setting.
- Team player; willing to take on an increased level of responsibility and following established chain of command
- Function independently and accept the responsibility of the camp health care program.
- Nursing care consists of evaluating and treating campers, staff, and volunteers minor injuries and illnesses.
- Maintain health logs for each camper to document any issues.
- Review camper’s information prior to camp and contact primary caretaker for any concerns prior to camp.
- Recommend and provide support and information to counselors and other camp staff as needed.
- Identifying health problems serious enough to require a physician's attention.
- Medication check-in and check-out for opening and closing day of each camp.
- Administer camper and counselor medications on regular bases throughout camp.
- Maintain proper medical supplies in a clean and organized station
- On site and on call 24/7 during camps
- Foster a commitment to win-win resolutions that will lead to providing the best services possible to the campers.
- Work in accordance with the policy and procedures established for programming as written in the Camp DRIVE employee handbook
- Serve as a resource expert for your assigned area of the function of Camp DRIVE.
- Exercise stewardship over Camp DRIVE resources including, but not limited to: time of staff, talent of staff, financial and physical property.
- Also will help with meal preparation and activities during down time.
- Other duties as assigned
This Position Description is effective 14-April-19 and supersedes all previously published materials and postings. Camp DRIVE provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons, and does not unlawfully discriminate against any person based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $300.00 to $350.00 /week
How To Apply
applications are available at www.campdrive.org