Cayuga Addiction Recovery Services (CARS), located in lovely Trumansburg, New York, is a residential treatment program for men that provides clients not only with addiction counseling, but also vocational, recreational, and mental health counseling to support ongoing recovery.
Located on acres of beautiful country land, CARS provides numerous opportunities for clients to be “in nature”, to partake in outdoor exercise, feed the birds, enjoy our gardens, spend time in fresh air, take walks and runs, and participate in outdoor sports (basketball, cornhole, horseshoes, and pickleball) in a safe environment that is conducive to recovery.
CARS offers extensive services designed to help individuals address and overcome a wide variety of addiction-related issues. Program and treatment offerings include Co-occurring Disorders, Medicated Assisted Treatment (MAT), Codependency, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Family Counseling, Individual Counseling, and Group Counseling.
As RESIDENTIAL PROGRAM DIRECTOR for CARS, you will play an integral role in a 60-bed residential program that treats individuals working on recovery from substance abuse.
OUR MISSION: To provide evidence-based techniques to help individuals overcome the disease of addiction by a team of caring professionals consisting of social workers, nurses, chemical dependency counselors and more. We build respectful partnerships with clients and their families by working hand-in-hand towards the common goal of recovery.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- A leader who not only visualizes positive growth for the organization, but has demonstrated accomplishments showing implementation and execution of ideas
- A collaborative leader with outstanding communication skills who thrives on input from the entire team; Someone who provides clear and consistent direction to the organization
- A stellar example of the highest level of personal and professional integrity, principles, and commitment to the field of addiction and recovery
- An innovator who has a solid track record of developing and implementing new programs and projects and can discuss in an interview how these led to success in past organizations
- An individual with familiarity working with adult male individuals struggling with co-occurring disorders as a specialized population and the unique needs and approach their treatment requires
- A professional with knowledge in substance abuse counseling techniques; group dynamics and techniques of conduction psychoeducational and therapy groups; A general understanding of the principles of adult learning; Interviewing techniques; Generally accepted crisis intervention techniques.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE POSITION
This role provides you the opportunity to get involved in a wide range of administrative, quality assurance and supervisory functions under the general supervision of the Chief Operations Officer. Activities include daily management of the CARS residential administrative supports, operations, milieu, and facilities management.
Your creativity will be tapped as you develop and implement quality programming, strategic planning, and community outreach in alignment with CARS’ mission of transformation and recovery from addiction.
Problem solve day to day client concerns and clinical questions and provide a strong and consistent leadership presence for the clients and clinical team.
Directly supervise a multidisciplinary team including residential counselors, administrative staff, vocational counselor and facilities; Coordinate across multiple teams and provide cross-team learning opportunities and development
Provide leadership to “grow” staff including, but not limited to, job performance training and mentoring.
Partner with Clinical Supervisor to ensure high quality, evidenced based program standards are maintained.
Collaborate with the executive team on strategic goals and initiatives
Knowledge and experience with OASAS regulatory compliance is a plus.
EDUCATION / LICENSURE REQUIRED
- Master’s Degree in Human Services, Psychology, Social Work, or related field
- Qualified Health Professional (QHP) status with at least five years of Chemical Dependency treatment experience (related healthcare experience may be substituted for specific CD experience)
- License: Appropriate NYS QHP clinical license required (or equivalent)
EXCELLENT BENEFITS PACKAGE
- Health and Dental Insurance/Medical Flexible Spending Plan (BC/BS, Excellus)
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off/Holiday Time
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Parental Leave
- Bereavement Leave
HOW TO APPLY
Learn more about us and apply at www.carsny.org
You may send your resume directly to Lisa E., Recruiter, at email@example.com.
CARS encourages diverse applicants. CARS is an equal opportunity employer. CARS is committed to a policy of equal employment for all employees or applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.