- According to the chief complaint, assess the severity of the patient's symptoms by evaluation of symptoms utilizing established triage protocols / algorithms and then guide the patient to the appropriate level of care.
- Direct the caller the appropriate emergency services, when necessary, recommend the suggested medical follow-up based on their assessment and established triage / algorithms protocols, and provide health care information, as necessary.
- Review and triage the lab/x-ray results received in the office and notify the physician or other healthcare provider of critical values.
- Make follow-up calls to high-risk patients to assess changes of status or to ensure that the patient sought the appropriate treatment.
- Process medication refills, medication changes, and prepares samples accordingly to physician order, and notifies local pharmacies of order(s).
- Perform patient education and instruction regarding medication regime and documents such as medical records.
- Based on established protocols, administers oral, subcutaneous, intra-dermal, intramuscular, and all intravenous medications.
- Thoroughly documents all call encounters utilizing clinic forms and/or on-line information systems at the time of the call.
- Based on established protocols, administers oral, subcutaneous, intra-dermal, intramuscular medications.
- Perform nurse visits (administration of TB, Depo, follow up to treatment plan including education, BP recheck) and documents encounters.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Graduate of an accredited 4 year nursing program. Currently licensed in the State of Wisconsin. Two years of general nursing in a clinic or hospital setting, and previous experience with patients of all age groups. Experience within a community health center and with EPIC preferred.
It is mandatory that all employees, employed providers and volunteers are vaccinated. All hired candidates must submit proof of vaccination prior to their orientation. This is a mandatory requirement for Progressive Community Health Centers. The purpose is to minimize exposure to and transmission of COVID-19 and the influenza virus in the workplace by providing occupational protection to employees and thereby preventing exposure to members of the community, which we serve.