AFS-USA is part of a worldwide network of AFS partner organizations that work together to advance global education and foster meaningful connections across cultures. As the networks largest partner, AFS-USA works to increase the global competency of U.S. citizens by providing a variety of international and intercultural learning experiences to individuals, families, schools, and communities. We are proud of our Staff from our national office in New York City as well as home offices across the county, who collaborate with our more than 2,000 AFS-USA Volunteers to deliver high quality programs and global education resources. These include immersion-based study abroad experiences in over 40 countries worldwide; opportunities to host foreign AFS exchange students; and global learning workshops and curricula for educators, schools and businesses.
The primary responsibility of the Regional Travel and Logistics Specialist (RTLS) is to oversee the travel and logistics coordination as it relates to the arrival and departure of AFS USAs hosted participants. Each RTLS is responsible for 1300+ participants, 40 area teams and 100+ volunteers. The RTLS will manage program releases and waivers, as well as Early Returns for hosted students. The RTLS works closely with the Participant Support team as well as the Travel and Logistics Department, with the focus of responsibilities changing seasonally according to AFS hosting and sending program cycles.
- On call support during peak travel days.
- In conjunction with the Director and Manager of Travel and Logistics, evaluate summer travel and assist with budgeting and planning.
- Manage ongoing account reconciliation for vendors, volunteers and staff.
- Airport Duty as needed.
- Identify, develop and implement technological process improvements to streamline processes where possible
- Other tasks and projects as assigned.
- BA/BS Degree preferably in project management, event planning or international relations.
- Previous supervisory experience helpful.
- Broad knowledge/experience of AFS or other intercultural student exchange program or cross-cultural experience preferred.
- 2+ years of project/event coordination experience.
- International travel and/or experience living abroad.
- Experience volunteering or working with volunteers in a professional setting preferred
- Drivers license required.
- The position works remotely from the NYC area. This position will be a combination of remote work, on-site at needed, and in office as needed. The regular business hours of AFS-USA areMonday - Friday, 9AM - 5PM EST, however, for this position, a standard workday is 10AM 6PM EST. You may work a schedule outside of these hours dependent on the needs of your department. There will be times when hours will be altered due to seasonal fluctuations in workload and will include overtime, evening, and occasional weekend work. Travel to arrival/departure events is required in January, June, August, and September.
- $25/hourly plus benefits including: medical, dental, vision, and PTO
- Please note that only completed applications will be considered.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
AFS-USA is committed to maintaining a culture of diversity, inclusion, and equity. We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure that we have the best, most creative talent on our team.
AFS-USA is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. AFS-USA prohibits all forms of unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation, including behavior which targets an individual or group based on perceived or actual characteristics, such as but not limited to: race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), national origin, age, disability, military service, veteran status, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, familial status, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, alienage, citizenship status, caregiver status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sex offense or stalking, unemployment status, status as a certified medical marijuana patient or any other legally protected classification.
How To Apply
Please apply via the link provided. Please note that only completed applications will be considered.