The Arizona Regional Director is the leader of local regional operations and team members. Reporting to the HUB Vice President - who oversees the operations in Arizona, Colorado, Pacific Northwest and Utah - the Regional Director is responsible for the region’s financial success and strategic impact. In this position, you are responsible for managing regional staff, supporting partnerships with schools and districts, and directing initiatives that drive regional scaling and sustainability. The Regional Director will have primary responsibility for leading, supporting and informing local regional expansion and strategic planning in partnership with the HUB Vice President. The Regional Director will also work closely with the Program Director and Manager of Administration and Operations to support program quality and implementation and staff development.
Success in the position will depend on your demonstrated record of success supporting organizational strategy, operationalizing strategy into tactical plans and nurturing high performing teams. Your prior leadership experiences and references should reflect a leadership style that is inclusive, adaptable, reflective and brings out the best in both individuals and the team.
Specifically, under direction of the Hub Vice President, you will focus your work on:
Sustainable Team and Management:
- Oversee all aspects of Arizona team health including building a strong culture and ensuring consistent and effective professional development and performance management for regional staff. Also, contribute to the overall culture of Arizona’s assigned Hub (which also includes the Colorado, PacNW and Utah regions) alongside other regional leaders and Hub Vice President.
- Supervise the regional Development Manager, Development Associate and Program Director and provide ongoing leadership, support and coaching to the program and training teams to ensure high program quality and strong school partnerships. Support directors to develop and manage regional volunteer and alumni strategy.
- Support Program Director in overseeing all aspects of AmeriCorps partnership (if applicable) and ensuring compliance with all contracts and grants.
- Oversee regional hiring managers and employment actions (hiring, termination and status change decisions).
Sustainable Financials, Strategy, Planning and Operations:
- Responsible for ensuring annual team, program, and certain financial metrics are met or exceeded in the Arizona region of Playworks; this includes measuring and reporting on all goals.
- Work collaboratively with Hub Vice President, Program Director and development staff to co-design and implement regional earned revenue plans and strategies. Support regional funding initiatives and events and funding applications and partnerships.
- Serve as a staff liaison and along with the Hub Vice President, partner with the Arizona board of directors, providing guidance and strategy, meeting coordination, materials, communication and follow-up.
- Manage grant compliance, evaluation/metrics and risk/liability matters for Playworks Arizona.
- Ensure proper school and school district contracting and account receivables.
- Responsible for ensuring effective regional operations.
Sustainable Impact and Partnership Support:
- With the Regional Partnerships Manager and the Program Director, create and refine an integrated school partnership strategy for Playworks Arizona.
- Support the cultivation of school district relationships in the region that lead to long term system change and sustainability. Support the Partnership Manager and Program Director regarding school recruitment and renewal strategy for the Arizona region, including outreach and campaigns.
- Build and cultivate relationships with community organizations, government agencies, school districts and funders as appropriate, as well as representing Playworks at events, conferences and community gatherings throughout the Arizona region.
- Work directly with the Program Director and Administration & Operations Manager to support program quality and sustainability.
How To Apply
This is a hands-on, creative, playful and fun-loving place to work, all while contributing to the success of our nation’s youth. So if you're ready to immerse yourself in the education sector, working on a rewarding set of challenges and if you've got the skills, experience, passion, and a team spirit, please go to playworks.org to apply!
Make sure to include:
- A cover letter describing your interest in Playworks and how your experience has prepared you for this role