The Public Interest Network’s recruitment department is hiring a sharp and hard-working administrator to help us hire talented staff for our groups including Environment America, PIRG, Green Corps and more.
The Public Interest Network operates and supports more than a dozen organizations committed to a shared vision of a better world and a strategic approach to change. Our network provides a platform for winning positive social change for the environment and the public interest.
We take a principled, pragmatic approach in our work. We connect big ideas to concrete policy changes that improve the quality of our environment and people’s lives, and our campaigns prioritize making a difference over just making a statement. Our political approach is neither progressive nor conservative, and we work with everyone who agrees with us on an issue to get results, even if they disagree with us on everything else.
We're also result-oriented in everything we do. We set clear goals and benchmarks and set up systems to measure our progress. We have a 50-year track record of winning thousands of victories for the environment and the public interest and we’re building a durable foundation for the next 50 years.
Our recruitment administrator helps make our vision a reality by working with our recruitment department and the groups in our network to hire passionate people ready to make change on our issues - as advocates, campaigners, litigators, policy researchers, grassroots organizers, communications specialists, writers, fundraisers, administrators, and more.
- Maintain and improve our recruitment systems:
- Manage our recruitment database and ensure accuracy of data
- Identify areas to improve the efficiency of our database and recruitment systems
- Manage department operations to keep things running smoothly:
- Report on key departmental metrics
- Manage our department’s budget and contracts with external vendors
- Coordinate major meetings, events, and trainings
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders:
- Field inquiries from candidates and staff
- Train recruitment staff and other TPIN staff on how to effectively use our systems
- Troubleshoot technical issues promptly
- Complete other department projects as needed to help us meet our goals:
- Propose and implement updates or new projects to improve our work
- Assist staff, create recruitment materials, and participate in recruiting work yourself including outreach, screening, and interviews
To be effective in this role, you need to be goal-driven, detail-oriented and highly organized, with a friendly and professional demeanor and the maturity to manage confidential and/or sensitive information. The administrator should be driven by the idea of building a non-profit organization and have an outstanding work ethic. Experience with database development and data analysis is preferred, but more important is a strong work ethic and a desire to learn. Applicants should be able to oversee significant projects and deliver high-quality results in a timely manner.
Pay & Benefits:
The compensation range for this position is $30,000-$36,000 and depends on relevant experience, education, and location. The Public Interest Network offers an excellent benefits package. Our benefits package may include medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and dependents, needs-based student loan assistance, 401(k) plan with employer match, commuter benefit program, paid time off, parental leave and long-term disability insurance. We also offer an excellent training program and opportunities for advancement.
Boston, MA or Denver, CO.
Apply online here: https://workforprogress.org/the-public-interest-network/?id=287
Things To Know When You Apply:
The Public Interest Network operates and supports organizations committed to a shared vision of a better world and a strategic approach to social change. Click here for things you should know about our network when you apply: https://publicinterestnetwork.org/core-values/
Within the first document you will find a link to a second; please read both carefully.
Fund for the Public Interest is an equal opportunity employer.
How To Apply
Apply on our website at https://workforprogress.org/the-public-interest-network/?id=287&utm_source=Foundation-List-&utm_medium=web-ad&utm_campaign=TPIN2022&utm_term=287&utm_content=Recruitment-Team-Administrator