Location: Dallas, TX
The Project Specialist is a member of the Mission Operations team within Komen’s Mission division. The Mission Operations team supports the Mission division efforts to focus, evolve, energize, and lead to achieve the Bold Goal by seamlessly integrating the Mission division across Komen’s Enterprise.
The Project Specialist (Development) will facilitate and coordinate revenue generation, donor reporting, revenue tracking, development data management, and time and effort tracking. This position has organizational-wide exposure to integrate Mission.
The primary objective of the Project Specialist, Mission Operations is to support Susan G. Komen in achieving our overall Vision and Mission by:
- In a highly-matrixed environment, providing business administration support to the Mission Team in the business operations of multiple departments driving the research, community health, and public policy programs of the organization.
- Supporting the Mission department heads and senior staff in executing strategy and tactics for revenue generation and donor reporting through foundation giving, corporate partnerships, cause related-marketing, event and individual giving.
- In collaboration with the Communications, Legal, Marketing, Risk and Compliance Departments, leading development of Board reports, annual Mission Impact reports and other key Mission Department reports and communiques.
- Serves as project specialist for project development and implementation across all areas of enterprise as needed.
- Supporting Mission Leadership with preparing for meetings, conferences, and other events by preparing travel arrangements, coordinating catering, producing meeting materials, presentations, and handouts, processing invoices and expense reimbursement, and providing other administrative support.
Supports the Mission department heads and senior staff in executing strategy and tactics for revenue generation and donor reporting through foundation giving, corporate partnerships, cause related-marketing, event and individual giving.
- Develops a deep understanding of all Mission Department programs, sellable opportunities, funding history, funding mechanisms (e.g. sponsor vs. grant), to support revenue-generating opportunities. Maintain Mission “sellable opportunity” catalog, price list and tracking spreadsheets. Ensures completion and accuracy of data in SalesForce
- Maintains project management of donor requests, facilitates meetings between development and mission teams, tracks deadlines and deliverables, and ensures timelines are met. Monitors help desk to ensure timely response to requests submitted from Development Department and coordinates responses within Mission and cross-functionally.
- Facilitates drafting and development of proposal documents, presentations, talking points and other pitches; maintains library of resources to support document development. Works collaboratively with the Marketing/Communications team to develop creative content.
- Assists Mission Teams with preparation of restricted grant budgets and financial reporting, ensuring that restricted expenditures are applied accurately. Schedules and facilitates quarterly cross-functional restricted revenue meetings to ensure on-going updates are communicated to Mission Leadership Team, team meets donor requirements in a timely fashion and Accounting can release funds as they become eligible. Supports development of restricted programs’ annual financial analysis and provides reports to donors.
- Evaluates donor data related to operational effectiveness and recommends changes/improvements to senior staff, serves as project coordinator for special projects.
- Cultivates an in-depth understanding of donor relationship management components and maintenance needed to achieve Mission in collaboration with other departments and serves as primary point of contact to develop and maintain donor relationship management system.
- Facilitates Time and Effort reporting for restricted budgets across the Mission Department as needed.
In collaboration with the Communications, Legal, Marketing, Risk and Compliance Departments, leading development of Board reports, annual Mission Impact reports and other key Mission Department reports and communiques.
- Collaborates with Communications and Marketing Departments to drive content review process for mission requests, ensuring that reviewer feedback is provided to requestors, implemented and that efforts are coordinated in a timely and customer-service approach in request systems.
- Works with Mission Teams to develop production schedule for routine, annual compliance report (such as Board reports, etc.) and ensures timely and coordinated completion.
- Coordinates with Mission department heads and senior staff to write and produce annual reports, in collaboration with the creative services team when needed.
- Coordinates with Mission department heads and senior staff to populate monthly project updates before regular Executive Leadership Team meeting.
- Assist Communications, Marketing, and Mission Departments in planning, drafting, executing, and distributing quarterly and annual Mission Impact Reports.
- Uses email, Excel, Access, grant making software and SalesForce to track information, coordinate program and project status, prepare financial and other data, and prepare other program portfolio reports as needed.
Supporting Mission Leadership with preparing for meetings, conferences, and other events by preparing travel arrangements, coordinating catering, producing meeting materials, presentations, and handouts, processing invoices and expense reimbursement, and providing other administrative support.
- Submits travel authorization forms on behalf of mission leadership, researches options for flights and hotels and books accordingly.
- Prepares travel and other meeting documents, reports and presentations using advanced PowerPoint and word processing skills.
- Processes invoices, travel expense reimbursements, and other provides other administrative support to mission leadership and meeting guests.
- Supports the meetings department in organizing catering, A/V needs, group meals and/or transportation.
- Provides administrative and logistical support for other department meetings, projects, and programs.
All other duties as assigned.
- Updates and maintains the Mission Operations Guide.
- Develops and delivers training to new and current staff though multiple mediums as required.
- Schedules operations team meetings and calls; coordinates and disseminates agenda and reviews minutes; assigns and tracks action items
Minimum Experience Required
Educational and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required in business administration or related field of study with 1+ years of experience in program administration and project management.
- Master’s degree preferred in business administration or related field of study with 1-2 years of experience.
- Knowledge of good accounting principles and contract management, ability to evaluate questions from peers and escalate to the appropriate personnel
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-starter willing and able to take responsibility and ownership for producing timely and high-quality work with limited supervision.
- Capable and comfortable managing shifting priorities in a rapidly changing and environment.
- Highly innovative and organized.
- Ability to think quickly, critically, and strategically.
- Shows positive approach to work, flexibility, cultural awareness, sensitivity to relationships, security, and confidentiality.
Specialized Knowledge Requirements
- Microsoft Office Suite, Advanced PowerPoint and Excel Skills, Grants Management Systems, PeopleSoft, Microsoft SharePoint, Salesforce, Go To Meeting and Go To Training