Hadassah, the Women’s Zionist Organization of America, is a volunteer organization that inspires a passion for and commitment to the land, the people, and the future of Israel. Through education, advocacy, and youth development, and its support of medical care and research at Hadassah Medical Organization, Hadassah enhances the health and lives of people in Israel, the United States and worldwide.
The project manager is responsible for the coordination, development, execution, and evaluation of assigned projects. Projects may include event coordination for Hadassah Northeast as well as oversight of relevant technology, websites, e-communications and social media outlets. The project manager will work collaboratively with staff and volunteers to manage project tasks.
- Work with managing director and volunteer leaders to define ongoing project work.
- Work with designer to create flyers, invitations, newsletters and other print and digital collateral.
- Using Cognito Forms or Luminate, create registration pages as needed for HNE programs and initiative
- Using social media, promote events and programs to increase visibility and promote a positive image of Hadassah in the community.
- Work with region presidents to create a weekly region e-blast using Constant Contact.
- Maintain collateral standards consistent with branding and messaging dictated by National Hadassah
- Maintain a library of collateral that can be adapted by regions and chapters and a process for disseminating those materials
- Write press releases and calendar submission for HNE and region events and submit to Jewish and secular press.
- Work with graphic designer using template for newsletters, ad books and graphic presentations
- Guide and train the volunteers in the appropriate and effective use of Social Media and other marketing/communications tools.
Education and Experience
- 3 years relevant experience in project management or equivalent field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Prior writing or editorial responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, managing multiple concurrent projects, while meeting deadlines under pressure.
- Key competencies include: adaptability, organizing, planning, problem solving
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- High computer literacy (Publisher, Microsoft Office Suite, Constant Contact, website management, social media fluency).