POSITION: Project Manager
EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT: Full-time Exempt
COMPENSATION: Competitive Salary + Benefits including health, dental, vision, FSA, EAP, life insurance (LTD), 401(k), paid sick, vacation, and Holidays.
LOCATION(S): Main Office – Real Estate Development
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director of Housing Development
Charities Housing is committed to developing and managing affordable housing and strives to create developments that contribute positively to communities. Healthy communities start with people who care, who fulfill a vision, and who gladly perform meaningful services. That is what you will find in each and every affordable housing developed, owned, and managed by Charities Housing throughout Silicon Valley. We firmly believe our contributions are essential to the creation of healthy communities.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION: As a member of the development team, the project manager performs all tasks associated with the acquisition, construction and/or rehabilitation of affordable housing developments throughout Santa Clara County. The project manager will be assigned specific projects/tasks and then is expected to take responsibility for completion. The project manager is expected to manage a minimum of three real estate development projects at one time, in various stages of development. This work is performed under the direction of the Senior Project Manager.
Required technical knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Highly skilled with spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel) and word processing (Microsoft Word).
- Knowledge in accounting, architecture, construction, finance, and/or real estate principles.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks under strict time constraints and deadlines.
Minimum educational level:
- B.A. in business administration with emphasis or concentration in finance, or real estate; or
- B.A. in planning, public policy, architecture or construction management; or
- B.A. in civil or structural engineering.
Work Experience required:
- Three years of relevant experience in real estate development project management; or
- Two years of relevant experience in real estate development project management with an advanced degree in one of the specified educational fields above.
- Prior experience with affordable housing finance and working with government funding and government agencies.
Interpersonal and organizational skills:
- Ability to work with and in a team of multiple partners.
- Ability to self motivate and work with minimal direction to complete complex tasks.
- Ability to manage and file workflow so that it is readily available.
- Ability to be responsive to requests in person, by email, phone and other sources.
- Ability to quickly respond in changing environments.
- Comfortable seeking assistance when necessary.
- Capable of negotiating between competing interests and making difficult decisions.
- Prepare financial and economic feasibility analysis for new developments.
- Prepare and submit applications for funding to federal, state, local and private funding sources.
- Perform tasks necessary to obtain local approvals and neighborhood acceptance of proposed housing developments including submit land use applications, organize and conduct neighborhood meetings, and testify during public hearings.
- Prepare project time line and monitor adherence to schedule.
- Engage and provide on-going coordination between architects, contractors, attorneys, and other members of the development team.
- Provide on-going coordination with property and asset management staff within the organization to incorporate management input on the design, operating budgets and resident profile and assist with marketing, leasing and other activities related to the lease-up of new developments.
- Perform all types of administrative tasks and other related activities as required including project cost accounting and interface with auditors as necessary.
- Perform construction administration/management activities including drafting and oversight of construction contracts, site inspections, change order evaluation, and preparation of monthly draw requests.
- Assist with the identification and negotiation of land, existing buildings or other development opportunities.
- Other responsibilities as assigned to support specific department business needs.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
This position will remain open until it is filled. If we receive resumes from qualified candidates we reserve the right to start the hiring process at any time.
Charities Housing is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Charities Housing is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Principals only. No calls please. We will only respond to those persons who are deemed qualified at the sole discretion of Charities Housing. For more information about Charities Housing, please visit our website www.charitieshousing.org.
How To Apply
If interested please reply via email to email@example.com with the following (in pdf form):
1) Cover Letter