We are seeking a Project Coordinator for Higher Education to support SEI’s sustainability-focused education programs working with community colleges. This Project Coordinator will primarily hold a leading role in growing the reach and impact of the Energize Colleges program, which aims to create a more sustainable, resilient future by training the changemakers who will lead the transformation to a clean energy future. This role would also be responsible for mentoring Climate Corps Fellows as they develop real-world skills to build a career in the sustainability field.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- This is a full-time position, with a flexible schedule of 3 days per week working from home and 2 days in our main office in San Rafael, CA.
- Paid sick and vacation time, 14 paid holidays per year
- A starting wage of $32.21 an hour
- SEI-paid health insurance; dental, vision, chiropractic plan
- 403(b) Retirement Plan, with employer match after one year
- Lead execution of projects within higher education programs, serving as the primary point person for specified projects
- Support with higher education curriculum development, faculty learning communities, and training the trainers
- Lead internal project team meetings, including scheduling, writing agendas, facilitating, and assigning action items and deadlines to individual team members
- Support Associate Program Managers, Program Managers, and Program Directors with SEI’s education programs, including partner outreach, grant proposal writing, instructional planning, staff supervision and mentorship, evaluation, and reporting
- Supervise program members, including participants and fellows, by conducting regular check-ins, providing ongoing mentorship, managing deliverables, and approving expenses and timecards
- Support the professional development of supervisees and coordinate with relevant program staff to support questions around training events and deliverables
- Degree in a sustainability-related field or commensurate experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience in project management and higher education
- Minimum of 2 years experience working on curriculum writing and development, preferably around sustainability or climate solutions
- Strong communication, analytical thinking, and organizational skills. Clear, direct, and succinct writer.
- Ability to work under direct supervision, collaboratively in teams/partners, or independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to empathize with others.
- Aptitude for rapport-building & working collaboratively with colleagues, partners, & clients.
- Able to manage a constantly changing work environment and collaborate with geographically dispersed team members.
- Comfortable learning and using the digital tools SEI uses with little to no assistance – including but not limited to Microsoft Office products, Google Workspace, Wrike project management software, and proprietary software. Willing to try out new technologies and work tools with an open mind toward efficiency and impact.
- Commitment to anti-racism and willingness to actively learn about, practice, and champion the organization’s DEI policy and related goals. Willing to continue education and training in the broader fields of inclusion and workplace diversity across all dimensions of equity.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to SEI’s mission.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION
We seek candidates that share SEI’s commitment to equity and environmental justice, and who share a commitment to work and learn within an anti-oppression framework. Persons of color, persons with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ+ community are strongly encouraged to apply. SEI is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion, and equity. We believe that a wide array of perspectives contributes to creative climate solutions where all communities thrive. We strive to reflect diverse communities, especially those most impacted by climate change and other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustices.
SEI is a teams-based, non-profit based in the Bay Area, CA dedicated to building leaders to drive sustainability solutions. For over 25 years, SEI has partnered with schools, communities, and businesses to develop a sustainability leadership pathway from elementary school to early career. Our flagship programs educate and empower students, workers, and emerging professionals to create thriving, resilient communities. We are proud to provide a collaborative work environment filled with people who are driven to make a difference in our communities!
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
Visit our Careers Page, select this role, and fill out the application form! SEI requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with accommodations made for religious or medical purposes.