BACKGROUND & SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Forth is a nonprofit 501(c)(6) trade association with a closely related 501(c)(3) charity, the Forth Mobility Fund. Forth works to advance electric, smart, and shared transportation in the Pacific Northwest and beyond through innovation and industry development; demonstration and pilot projects; policy advocacy; and consumer engagement. Forth also operates the nation’s first brand-neutral electric mobility showcase, as well as a range of other projects. Learn more on our website.
Forth’s continued growth has created a new opportunity on our consumer engagement team for a professional with a passion to develop and implement comprehensive statewide campaigns and innovative projects to promote electric cars and electric mobility solutions. We expect much of this person’s work will be in Colorado, but work in Oregon or other states is likely as well.
We seek candidates who are focused, organized, enthusiastic about electric transportation, and comfortable working with diverse consumers and organizational partners. Electric vehicle experience is helpful, but not necessary. Forth is a growing, dynamic organization; the successful candidate will be expected to wear many hats, work independently, and play an active role in the organization’s development.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Program Management (~80%). Working closely with the Senior Program Manager, the Program Manager develops and facilitates programs that advance electric mobility. The Program Manager works with external stakeholders, including local governments, automakers, and electric utilities, to develop campaigns to help consumers better understand electric mobility options and their advantages.
- Develop and produce awareness and engagement campaigns related to furthering the adoption of electric vehicles in Colorado
- Advise the City of Denver on transportation electrification strategies
- Convene industry stakeholders and manage steering committees to build collaborative support for electric mobility
- Encourage and support electric utility programs that support transportation electrification
- Encourage the use and promotion of state and regional incentives
- Support regional “ride and drive” events and promote the purchase and use of electric vehicles
- Manage consulting and fee for service roles for work with partners and partner projects relating to emerging vehicle technologies
- Work closely with community-based organizations to seek and identify ways to advance new mobility options for priority populations
Development and Organizational Management (~20%). The Program Manager partners with staff to cultivate funding support for programming. Forth operates with a growing staff, so the Program Manager must be flexible and prepared to assist where needed.
- Cultivate potential sources of financial support, meet with potential funders, and draft proposals and progress reports
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and best practices in order to adjust strategies over time
- Other responsibilities as required
Starting salary range is $40,000 to $55,000 commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits include four weeks paid vacation annually, fully paid health, dental and vision insurance for employee and all dependents and an employer retirement contribution after six months (no match required.) We also provide access to electric vehicles for business use.
- A passion for Forth’s mission and values
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum three to five years of experience in transportation, energy, or related field
- Demonstrated self-motivation, ability to work independently, and attention to detail without losing a “big picture” perspective
- Strong organization skills with the ability to multi-task and set realistic goals
- Excellent cross-cultural communications skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness and ability to travel nationally, occasionally overnight; valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift 35 pounds to assist with event set up
- An ability to take the work seriously, without taking yourself too seriously
- Working knowledge of the electric vehicle field, transportation, electric utilities, or other related fields
- Existing relationships with relevant stakeholders in Colorado
- Experience working for a non-profit organization with a mission-driven staff and board
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple conflicting projects and meeting deadlines while maintaining a healthy work-life balance
- Experience with key markets such as traditionally underserved communities, fleet managers, or electric utilities
How To Apply
To ensure full consideration, please apply by January 10 by submitting your resume and cover letter through our HiringThing site. We will continue accepting applications after this date, but cannot ensure all will be reviewed. All candidates will be notified once we have made a hiring decision.
Forth values a diverse workforce. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQI(+) community are strongly encouraged to apply. Forth believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re looking for candidates who can expand our culture, challenge business as usual, and bring their whole selves to work. We strive to provide those candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process. If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process or you have feedback on how to make our recruitment more accessible, please contact Associate Director Gina Avalos at GinaA@forthmobility.org.