Pivot Learning is a nonprofit organization of K-12 education experts working shoulder-to-shoulder with districts, schools, and state-level policymakers to address the biggest challenges they face. We partner with education leaders at all levels and provide them with the knowledge, skills and support proven to strengthen educational systems and transform teaching and learning. We are currently seeking a Program Manager, Development & External Relations to join our team.
The Program Manager, Development & External Relations is responsible for coordinating the operations of Pivot’s fundraising efforts, including RFP responses, grant renewals, grant reports and overall execution of Pivot’s fundraising strategies. This is a highly collaborative role that works closely with Pivot’s CEO and program team staff. Key responsibilities include grant writing and reporting, data management, funder relations and communications, development and external relations strategy. The Program Manager, Development & External Relations plays a key role in implementing fundraising strategies that meet the organization’s strategic goals and build toward longer-term organizational growth and sustainability. The Program Manager, Development & External Relations reports to a member of Pivot’s senior leadership team. This is a full-time, Exempt position based out of our Oakland office.
This position helps to drive fundraising efforts by supporting all facets of our development strategy and operations. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the fundraising function with prospecting, proposal and report writing, database management, grants administration, research, and other related tasks.
- Write grant proposals and renewals, respond to RFPs; write grant progress reports, final reports, and other documents.
- Collaborate with other Pivot teams (e.g. Finance, Programs) to gather information and data needed for proposal responses and grant reports, and to plan and strategize.
- Participate in creation and execution of development strategy, including donor pipelining, prospect research, retention/renewal efforts, and correspondence.
- Manage scheduling and follow-up for funder meetings.
- Responsible for tracking of all grant-related data, and ensuring a high level of data integrity, and develop strong systems for tracking, monitoring, and managing all deliverables.
- May help update website and social media channels, and/or support marketing and communications efforts with newsletters, website, and social media content.
- Ensure that strong organizational systems and structures are in place to support fundraising work.
- Maintains working knowledge of all areas of Pivot’s programmatic work in order to accurately represent our work to funders.
- Other related duties as required.
- 3+ years development or fundraising experience or other relevant work experience.
- Extremely strong writing skills including impeccable grammar and punctuation, and the ability to craft a compelling narrative for funder audiences. Experience with grant writing, RFP responses preferred.
- Culturally competent communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and eye for aesthetics in reviewing and creating materials.
- Highly organized project manager, with an eye for efficient and effective operations, and a strong desire to make them run smoothly.
- Highly organized, with strong follow-through. A self-starter who can work independently but thrives in a collaborative team environment. Fast learner.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly build productive working relationships with colleagues, partners, and funders.
- A positive attitude and approach, especially when faced with ambiguity and rapid change. Thrives in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong time management skills and ability to juggle competing priorities and deadlines.
- Tech and digital savvy.
- A commitment to the work of Pivot Learning and a desire to continually broaden and deepen the organization's impact.
- Working knowledge of fundraising, donor relations procedures and techniques preferred.
- Experience in educator sector preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
Pivot Learning offers a competitive compensation package, including medical/dental/vision insurance, 403b, vacation leave, sick leave, and 15 paid holidays. Salary is commensurate with experience.
How To Apply
If you would like to apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Indicate the position title in the subject line of the email for the fastest consideration. In your cover letter, please comment on how your skills and experience are a good match for this position, your salary requirements, and where you heard about this position.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage applicants to submit their materials as soon as possible.