Join a fun team, passionate about healthy, active living and dedicated to inspiring our youngest generation to live healthy, active lives every day!
Healthy LifeStars® is a non-profit that is launching a generation of healthy kids. Healthy LifeStars’ goal is to motivate and educate participants, especially “at risk” kids and their families, across the nation to take personal responsibility for healthy habits now and for the rest of their lives, expressed in the brand promise/tagline, “Inspiring Kids for Life”. www.HealthyLifeStars.org
Healthy LifeStars® has two complementary programs, The LifeStar Challenge™ and Together Counts™.
Programs are delivered in person or virtually.
The proven LifeStar Challenge is delivered through on-site programming over multiple sessions by schools and youth-serving organizations. Kids and their families learn, practice, experience and commit to healthy habits with a focus on goal-setting and personal responsibility. To date over 45,000 kids have completed the program to become LifeStars. www.healthylifestars/lifestar-challenge/
Together Counts (www.togethercounts.com) provides an extensive on-line library of accredited standards- based curriculum and resources focused on health and wellness for schools, youth-serving organizations, families and communities. Together Counts serves over 45 million students, 300 partners and 400,000 social media followers. www.togethercounts.com
The programs are offered nationwide; the strategic partner in Ohio is The Ohio State University, Office of the Chief Wellness Officer.
The Program Manager will lead the coordination and implementation of the programs in Ohio working with program managers from other states. This includes recruiting new program sites and partners,
ensuring program integrity and providing ongoing support to program delivery. The Program Manager is also responsible for supporting ongoing needs of Healthy LifeStars, including assisting with annual fundraising events and other duties as outlined by the State Director.
This is a, 40 hours-per-week contract position working under the direction of the Healthy LifeStars State Director for Ohio who is a faculty member at The Ohio State University and in coordination with the Executive Director of Healthy LifeStars. Target Salary range is $36,000-$45,000 and is commensurate with experience. Periodic travel throughout Ohio is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, cultivate and steward relationships with existing and prospective program sites, strategic partners, and sponsors/donors
- Conduct outreach and support efforts to successfully recruit, manage and retain program sites
- Regularly visit program sites to assess program implementation, provide in-person support, and build rapport with coaches and partners
- Ensure effective execution of The LifeStar Challenge program
- Develop, manage and provide ongoing training for program sites and partners
- Develop and manage a plan for pro-active feedback and management of coaches
- Manage and coordinate all community-based events celebrating the kids’ success and achievements, at least 2 per year
- Track program metrics and ensure partners regularly provide required data
- Provide program implementation insight and recommendations for program improvement
- Prepare annual Program Implementation Plan and Program Summary, as well as monthly reports and inventory
- Organize, research, and write/video articles for the Healthy LifeStars’ monthly e-newsletter
- Participate in the development of program outreach and marketing materials
- Participate in partner outreach and recruitment for Healthy LifeStars’ annual StepUp4Kids™ StepAThon™ and for business
- Help plan and execute the StepUp4Kids Celebration Event and Auction
- Solicit auction items, sponsors and donors and otherwise help generate interest in and support of Healthy LifeStars’ annual StepUp4Kids celebration
- Attend regular meetings of the Ohio Child Wellness Advisory Board and the Healthy LifeStars staff meetings as
- Assist in annual goal and budget setting
- Provide monthly reporting on activity and progress
- Enthusiastic self-starter with demonstrated commitment to healthy living and an understanding of the childhood obesity issue
- Desired, 3 - 5 years prior program management, community outreach, non-profit program implementation/development, and/or experience working with schools and/ or other youth-serving organizations
- Ability to work constructively and positively with colleagues, build strong relationships and generate enthusiasm, cooperation and support for the program
- Excellent organizational skills: ability to manage multiple priorities and projects with attention to detail
- Effective problem-solving skills
- General computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to take and edit photographs and videos
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of experience, training and education
- Driver’s license, proof of insurance and reliable vehicle required
- Ability to work from home office
How To Apply
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate Ohio Program Manager in the subject line.
Healthy LifeStars® is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic, background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.