Join a fun team, passionate about healthy, active living and dedicated to inspiring our youngest generation to live healthy, active lives every day!
Healthy LifeStars, is a nonprofit organization committed to ending childhood obesity through scalable, sustainable programs. Working with schools and other youth-serving organizations, Healthy LifeStars provides The LifeStar Challenge, an out-of-school program that educates and motivates elementary-aged kids to live active, healthy lives. The proven program combines physical activity, nutrition and goal setting to teach kids easy ways to adopt daily healthy habits and take personal responsibility for their health. Currently, The LifeStar Challenge is offered to children in Arizona, Colorado, Ohio, Iowa, Idaho, New Mexico, California and Texas; Healthy LifeStars has plans to expand the program nationally.
The Program Manager will lead the coordination and implementation of The LifeStar Challenge program in Ohio. This includes recruiting new program sites and partners, ensuring program integrity and providing ongoing support to program sites. The Program Manager is also responsible for supporting ongoing needs of Healthy LifeStars, including assisting with annual fundraising events and other duties as outlined by the State Director.
This is a contract, 40 hours-per-week contract position working under the direction of the Healthy LifeStars State Director for Ohio who is a faculty member at The Ohio State University and in coordination with the Executive Director of Healthy LifeStars. TargetSalary range is $36,000-$45,000 and is commensurate with experience. Periodic travel throughout Ohio is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, cultivate and steward relationships with existing and prospective program sites, strategic partners, and sponsors/donors
- Conduct outreach and support efforts to successfully recruit, manage and retain program sites
- Regularly visit program sites to assess program implementation, provide in-person support, and build rapport with coaches and partners
- Ensure effective execution of The LifeStar Challenge program
- Develop, manage and provide ongoing training for program sites and partners
- Develop and manage a plan for pro-active feedback and management of coaches
- Manage and coordinate all community-based events celebrating the kids’ success and achievements, at least 2 per year
- Track program metrics and ensure partners regularly provide required data
- Provide program implementation insight and recommendations for program improvement
- Prepare annual Program Implementation Plan and Program Summary, as well as monthly reports and inventory
- Organize, research, and write/video articles for the Healthy LifeStars’ monthly e-newsletter
- Participate in the development of program outreach and marketing materials
- Participate in partner outreach and recruitment for Healthy LifeStars’ annual Step Up 4 Kids Step-A-Thon
- Assist in soliciting auction items and generating interest in and support of Healthy LifeStars’ annual Step Up 4 Kids celebrations
- Attend regular meetings of the Ohio Child Wellness Advisory Board and the Healthy LifeStars staff as appropriate.
- Enthusiastic self-starter with demonstrated commitment to healthy living and an understanding of the childhood obesity issue
- 3 - 5 years prior program management, community outreach, non-profit program implementation/development, and/or experience working with schools and/ or other youth-serving organizations
- Ability to work constructively and positively with colleagues, build strong relationships and generate enthusiasm, cooperation and support for the program
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects with attention to detail
- Effective problem-solving skills
- General computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to take and edit photographs and videos
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of experience, training and education
- Driver’s license, proof of insurance and reliable vehicle required
How To Apply
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate Ohio Program Manager in the subject line.