Are you a skilled Program Manager who believes in lending your skills to end hunger? If so, consider being a Program Manager for the San Francisco Marin Food Bank.
The SF Marin Food Bank is comprised of a dedicated team of approximately 150 staff working collaboratively to provide close to 50 million pounds of food to over 210,000 people in the Bay Area – a region where 1 in 5 people are at risk of hunger. We are currently looking for a Program Manager to help support partners and participants. See job description below and apply today if you would like to join us in our mission to end hunger.
The Program Manager- Direct Service provides direction and support to a team of direct service supervisors, staff, temporary workers and volunteers as they work to sustain and improve our direct service distributions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Manage staff hiring, scheduling and assignment delegation
- Provide guidance and leadership on initiatives including, but not limited to, the following: outreach, enrollment, distributions, site relocations and communications
- Collaborate with other teams and departments within the organization on cross-team/departmental efforts
- Collect and communicate necessary program information to relevant teams from the San Francisco Marin Food Bank
- Continually monitor the effectiveness of program operations and business processes and make improvements as required
- Provide conflict resolution and communications support to staff during or in response to challenging situations with participants, volunteers, community members and staff
- Cultivate/maintain relationships with community-based partners, businesses, government entities, and volunteer groups
- Set and communicate a strong vision for direct and indirect reports, including clear priorities, objectives, and measurable goals
- Oversee work-planning for team and performance evaluations for direct reports
- Develop SMART individual workplans for assigned staff to meet organizational strategic goals ensuring the advancement towards our mission to end hunger in San Francisco and Marin counties
- Facilitate team meetings
- Identify and respond to the needs of the team. Provide trainings and create/disseminate tools and protocols.
- Provide professional development support and mentor individuals toward greater professional achievement
- Programs managed efficiently and within budget
- Direct service team is adequately resourced in SF and Marin communities
- Programs meet strategic organizational goals and measures
- Appropriate policies and procedures are maintained and updated regularly
- BA or equivalent relevant experience
- Minimum 3-4 years applicable experience
- Demonstrated success in managing comparable programs and efforts
- Extensive knowledge of Food Bank Programs
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc.) including advanced Excel skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Ability to work and interact well with individuals (staff, volunteers, representatives of other organizations and participants) from a variety of socioeconomic backgrounds in a culturally diverse and occasionally escalated environment
- Advanced knowledge of low-income San Francisco and/or Marin populations and public, community-based and faith-based organizations preferred
- Ability to listen, identify, analyze, and guide lay users through system and procedural problems.
- Knowledge of Food Bank partner agencies and neighborhoods preferred
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to work efficiently, independently, and as part of a team; to communicate regularly; and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Driver’s license preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: (The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
ENVIRONMENT: Standard office with frequent travel to program sites
FINGER DEXTERITY: Requires typing on standard computer.
TALKING: Ability to speak on phone and face to face.
HEARING: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
REPETITIVE MOTIONS: Frequent and regular movements using the wrists, hands, and fingers.
AVERAGE VISUAL ABILITIES: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to view computer screens and documents.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Ability to lift 35 pounds on a repetitive basis.
COMMUNICATION AND COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of complex intellectual and practical problems.
MATHEMATICS ABILITY: Ability to perform advanced math skills, use decimals to compute ratios and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Fluency in English. Fluency in Cantonese or Spanish a plus.
SALARY: Grade 6, $65,386.46 to $76,924.52
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, life, long-term disability, and 403(b) retirement plans with employer base and matching contribution. Generous holidays, vacation, and sick time.
The San Francisco-Marin Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records."
How To Apply