MADRE is an international women’s human rights organization that works towards a world in which all people enjoy the fullest range of individual and collective human rights; in which resources are shared equitably and sustainably; in which women participate effectively in all aspects of society; and in which people have a meaningful say in decisions that affect their lives.
MADRE seeks an energetic Program Coordinator to coordinate the implementation of MADRE’s programming in Iraq. The Program Coordinator will report directly to MADRE’s Director of Learning and Evaluation. The Program Coordinator will work closely with both US and Iraqi implementing partners and consultants to ensure timely and effective implementation of project activities and achievement of objectives. They will play an integral role to the overall success of MADRE’s work in Iraq.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Provide ongoing technical assistance to and manage the day to day functions of project implementing partners in NY and Iraq to assist with successful completion of activities, trouble shoot challenges and maximize overall project success;
- Work with the Project M&E Director to develop a robust system for monitoring and evaluation and reporting to identify and document project progress, successes, challenges and lessons learned;
- Oversee the implementation of this plan and the M&E activities of implementing partners and consultants and ensure their timely data collection and submission of progress reports, including narrative and financial reporting to MADRE;
- Draft quarterly and annual reports of implementing partners’ activities to project funders;
- Plan and carry out organizational capacity building trainings in Iraq and other locations in the MENA region to build capacity of local implementing partners;
- Liaise with and facilitate communication between MADRE and local implementing partners;
- Translate financial receipts, correspondence and other documents as needed;
- Regularly collect and reconcile financial documentation and correspondence;
- Engage with and respond to requests for information from project funders;
- Conduct research and analysis on humanitarian and human rights issues in Iraq as deemed necessary;
- Draft internal research and program memoranda and reports, as needed;
- Represent MADRE at meetings on Iraq with government and civil society organizations;
- Manage and facilitate a grants to community-based groups in Iraq;
- Supervise interns, project staff, and students in project, research and writing assignments;
- Perform other relevant tasks as assigned.
- Demonstrated commitment to human rights and MADRE’s mission;
- Familiarity with human rights issues in Iraq and the broader MENA region;
- Excellent communication, writing and editing skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively within external partners;
- Ability to multi-task effectively, including having good planning and organizing skills and ability to work under pressure are required;
- Experience in programmatic and financial management, monitoring and evaluation of complex projects is an asset;
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in human rights or a related social science field and a minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience;
- Applicant must be willing to travel internationally;
- Fluency in Arabic is required.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Flexible start date. MADRE is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices based on a person's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, age, disability and other status, and in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool. Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.