Are you an experienced youth development or education professional with a passion for increasing economic opportunity for underserved young people? Urban Alliance (UA), a national youth development nonprofit, is seeking a Program Coordinator for its Detroit region to manage a cohort of approximately 30 interns participating in a year-long internship program, support employer partners, and facilitate professional development trainings. This position reports to the Detroit Program Manager.
About Urban Alliance
Urban Alliance provides economically-disadvantaged young people with the exposure, opportunity, support, and training needed to prepare them for lifelong economic self-sufficiency. Urban Alliance’s core program matches underserved high school seniors with paid, professional internships, job skills training, one-on-one mentoring, and ongoing post-program support to expand their idea of what is possible for their future. Founded in Washington, D.C. in 1996, Urban Alliance has since expanded to Baltimore, Chicago, and Northern Virginia. To date, Urban Alliance has placed over 4,000 students in paid internships and served more than 18,000 through job skills training.
- Intern support – Recruit students to participate in the program; Monitor the professional and academic performance of at least 30 high school interns; Formally evaluate intern job performance and skill development; Counsel interns on post-high school options; Troubleshoot and mediate job-site conflicts.
- External relationship management – Build and maintain relationships with students, mentors (i.e., job site supervisors), parents, and school-level
- Facilitation – Facilitate approximately four weeks of pre-employment training in key 21st century skills every Fall and weekly professional development workshops from October to July,
- Data management – Track, analyze, and report program and intern data; Actively use outcome data to guide program decisions for real-time course corrections per the Program Manager’s
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least two years prior experience in youth development and/or curriculum development and facilitation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with diverse
- Demonstrated ability to implement programming at fidelity, make data-driven decisions, and execute long-term strategy while addressing unforeseen student needs, as they
- Experience working with community organizations and schools in under-resourced
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and thrive in an entrepreneurial
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and
- Ability to commit to at least two consecutive years of employment with Urban
- Passion for the Urban Alliance
Compensation and Benefit Package:
At Urban Alliance one of our core values is taking care of each other, and this includes offering competitive benefits, paid time off, and options for remote work.
The total compensation package for this position is $48,000. In addition to having paid time off between December 25th and January 1st, we provide 18 days of paid time off plus 10 paid federal holidays, as well as birthday and diversity paid holidays. Additional days are provided to staff after three years. Depending on the calendar, additional paid closure days and early closure days are established each year. Our benefits include a comprehensive health plan with 90% individual healthcare coverage for employees, 403(B) retirement plans with a 3% match, whole life insurance and pre-tax commuter benefits. In addition, depending on responsibilities, we offer working remotely up to two days per week and flexible hours when possible.
Urban Alliance Vaccination Policy
As established by the Urban Alliance Board of Directors, all employees are required to receive a vaccination against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious reasonable accommodation is approved. If offered a job, the candidate must be able to prove that they have been vaccinated with one of the CDC-authorized vaccines, including either Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson / Janssen or request and be granted an accommodation before their start date.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Urban Alliance is a racial and social justice organization committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. Urban Alliance is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Applicants from all underrepresented groups, including people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and DACA recipients are encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
Please click on the link below to submit your cover letter and resume