The U.S. Soccer Foundation helps young people embrace an active and healthy lifestyle and cultivate critical life skills through soccer. The Foundation’s programs are the national model for sports-based youth development in underserved communities. Since its founding in 1994, the Foundation has impacted thousands of children through its cost-effective, high-impact initiatives, which offer safe environments where kids and communities thrive. For more information, visit www.ussoccerfoundation.org. The Foundation’s headquarters are located in Washington, D.C.
About the Role:
The Program Associate will support the Foundation by managing the United for Girls (UFG) and Reaching Her Potential grants. The Program Associate works with grantees, vendors, consultants, and Foundation team members to ensure grant activities and outcomes are achieved in a timely fashion.
Please note: This is a 100% project-based position with an anticipated term end of September 2022, at which time the term of this position would also end. Although the project is expected to end on that date, sometimes additional funding can be obtained to extend a project-based role beyond the project term. If that would occur, employment under the project might also be extended. However, applicants should be aware that any employment relationship with the U.S. Soccer Foundation is considered to be at-will and may be terminated by the employee or the Foundation at any time regardless of the end date of the project.
About the Team:
The Programs Department is a ten-person team, responsible for continuously improving and operating the U.S. Soccer Foundation’s programs, namely our flagship program Soccer for Success, to ensure that the Foundation remains at the forefront of the sports-based youth development (SBYD) field. This work involves following the latest SBYD best practices to innovate and tailor our curricula and training to meet the unique needs of underserved communities across the country. In addition, the Team is responsible for managing the operations of Soccer for Success program partners around the country, including data monitoring, compliance, and relationship management.
The United for Girls Program Associate’s core responsibilities include the following:
· Support the design and execution of UFG workshops and content at annual events
· Support the execution of training and programmatic enhancements
· Coordinate with external validator to organize UFG innovative practices for dissemination to the field
· Coordinate with graphic designer and external vendors to create new UFG tools
· Manage UFG and Reaching Her Potential partner cohorts and ensure compliance with reporting requirements
· Provide ongoing technical assistance to achieve excellence for UFG and Reaching Her Potential cohorts
· Assist in delivering reporting to funders and keeping relevant stakeholders informed of upcoming deadlines
· Additional tasks as assigned
We are looking for someone with the following qualifications and characteristics:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and relevant education and training
· Two years of relevant professional experience in gender-focused programs and initiatives in the United States
· Strong event planning and execution experience
The U.S. Soccer Foundation isn’t a typical organization, and the right candidate for this role isn’t typical either. The ideal candidate is looking for opportunities to improve themselves and the organization. We want go-getters. We want candidates with high expectations for themselves, hungry for the next opportunity to learn and grow.
The salary for this position is competitive relative to relevant markets. Benefits include generous medical and dental insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plans with employer match; professional development; mobile data plan reimbursement; commuter benefits; and generous paid time off.
· Detail-oriented with excellent written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate and share updates with key stakeholders
· Strong research skills and an ability to synthesize best practices into resources and training materials
· Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
· Strong data management and reporting abilities
· Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Salesforce, and general technology
· Willing to travel as required (15%)
How To Apply
Required Materials & References:
Please follow the instructions on the job posting to submit required materials. For the Reference section, please submit a minimum of two (2) references, with at least one being supervisory in nature. Please note your references name, title, organization/company, and contact information.