Position: Program Assistant
Reports to: Program Coordinator & Nurse
Job Summary: Provides direct care services to participants according to his/her individual plan of care. Monitors changes in participants’ function and health status and reports to Nurse or Administrative Personnel. Creates a positive, enriching environment which enhances participants' self-esteem. Assists Program Specialists/ and Program Coordinator with the delivery of activities program. Provides social & cognitive stimulation to participants.
- Assists all participants with:
- Activities including individual and group exercise through telehealth and in person sessions
- Toileting/incontinence care/hand washing/showering as scheduled
- Wheelchair/chair/toilet and VERA lift transfers
- Dial-A-Bus transfers to & from the building as needed
- Socialization/interaction with activities program through telehealth and in person sessions.
- Assumes additional responsibilities for the participants:
- Reviews care plans/progress notes information daily to maintain familiarity with problems/needs, goals, and action plans.
- Reports any serious difficulty implementing care plans to the Nurse or Administrative Personnel as soon as possible.
- Reports changes in participants’ physical condition or behavior to the Nurse or Administrative Personnel as soon as possible.
- Be the participants' “advocate”, "coach": encourage them to do their best to meet their goals.
- Serves and assists with preparation of meals and snacks, applying knowledge of special diets (e.g., diabetic, low salt/protein, modified consistency etc.):
- Note any significant changes or problems with meals and reports to Nurse or Administrative Personnel.
- Help with kitchen clean-up as needed.
- Provides a safe environment for participants by:
- Closely monitoring and managing participants who wander
- Eliminating potential safety hazards
- Records participants' arrival and departure times on sign-in -spreadsheet. Notes any pertinent information on daily sign- in sheet.
- Document 2 hour bathroom schedules and daily showers
- Assists Program Specialists as needed.
- C.N.A.(Certified Nursing Assistant) certificate and license preferred
- Minimum of one year work experience with elderly/disabled adults including personal care services required
- If a Certified Nursing Assistant, have a current license from the Oregon State Board of Nursing
- Maintain a current CPR/First Aid certification
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English
- Computer Skills required
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information at all times
- Valid Oregon Drivers License
- Ability to stand and walk continually
- Ability to push/pull participants in wheelchairs frequently
- Ability to assist participants into/out of and push/pull a mechanical sit-to-stand lift frequently
- Ability to walk with and transfer participants who require gait belts and contact guarding frequently
- Ability to assist participants into/out of and guide a gait harness ambulator occasionally
- Ability to squat, bend forward, and kneel occasionally
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds rarely
*KEY: Rarely = 1-10 % of the time
Occasionally = 11-33% of the time
Frequently = 34-66% of the time
Continually = 67-100% of the time
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $12.75 - $13.75 per hour
How To Apply
Join an energetic professional team providing adult day services to aging adults and individuals with disabilities. Delivers person-centered services by providing exercise, recreational activities direct personal care, and health monitoring. Minimum one year work experience in a person-centered Adult Day Service or Memory Care facility. CNA certificate and license preferred, and minimum of one year work experience with aging adults and individuals with disabilities including personal care services required.
For more information about Grace Center and to apply online visit our web site at www.GraceCenter-Corvallis.org. Send resume and include at least 2 work references to: Grace Center for Adult Day Services, 980 NW Spruce Ave., Corvallis, OR 97330 or email email@example.com EOE.