With a vision to be a premier provider of life changing services to people experiencing homelessness in Southern California, The Midnight Mission is well-positioned to benefit from a visionary, strategic, impact-oriented and mission-driven leader as its next President & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) who, through collaboration with staff and board, will help shape the future of the organization.
Centered in the Skid Row area of downtown Los Angeles, The Midnight Mission is the oldest continuously operating human service organization in the region, offering paths to self-sufficiency to individuals and families who have lost direction. Its emergency services and 12-step recovery, family living, job training, education, and workforce development programs offer a compassionate bridge to achieve and maintain healthy, productive lives.
As a comprehensive homeless shelter and homeless services provider serving the Los Angeles homeless community, The Midnight Mission takes an approach that fuses care and compassion with meaningful accountability, providing the structure and the resources that people experiencing homelessness need to truly improve their lives. Grounded in the belief that everyone deserves to live with dignity no matter what they’ve been through, The Midnight Mission takes a multi-faceted approach to homeless services, helping community members make the changes that last.
With a current annual operating budget of approximately $14.5 million, and a diversified revenue stream with approximately 50 percent of its revenues from philanthropy, The Midnight Mission has a dedicated staff of 133 FTEs and welcomes thousands of volunteers each year who are an integral part of how the organization is able to provide a rich service environment in its continuing service to those in need across Los Angeles.
For additional information, please visit www.midnightmission.org.
- The successful candidate will bring a track record of excellence in senior leadership positions, ideally from a complex nonprofit human service organization recognized for its commitment to exemplary service to the community and its clients. Individuals with transferable for-profit or government experience who demonstrate a compelling passion for the organization’s mission will also be strongly considered.
- Excellent relationship-building skills and success in forming strong community partnerships are also essential.
- The CEO must have a solid understanding of effective, forward-looking fiscal management. Familiarity with the process and accountability required for government funding is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated successful experience in fundraising, program development and board relations will be highly valued.
- A degree in social work, human services management, public administration, nonprofit management, business administration, or a related field is preferred. However, a demonstrated successful track record serving in a senior leadership position of a similar organization will be considered of equivalent value to a degree.
- An understanding of current issues surrounding homelessness and 12-step recovery, either personally or professionally, would be an asset, and a commitment to the implementation of best practices for delivery of these services is essential.
Compensation & Additional Considerations
The annual salary range for this position is $250,000 to $300,000 based on experience. Relocation assistance, if needed, is negotiable. A comprehensive and competitive benefits package will be provided. This is a full-time exempt position with the expectation of regular in-person work.
How To Apply
The Midnight Mission has retained Morris & Berger to conduct the President & CEO search. To view the full position description, please visit https://pub.lucidpress.com/morrisberger_2217/. To apply, please submit an application, including a resume and a letter of interest, in confidence to Morris & Berger through their website: https://www.morrisberger.com/position.php?id=2217.