The Omaha Community Foundation’s President and CEO departed the organization at the end of 2019 after 20 years of outstanding service and leadership. In light of this departure, the Foundation is looking for its next President and CEO.
The Omaha Community Foundation is a connector. We work with donors and nonprofits to grow a stronger region. We connect the dots locally between the complex needs of the community and the donors and nonprofits working to make a difference. This gives us a unique point of view from which we can inspire a more engaged charitable network. We provide financial services that simplify charitable giving and offer knowledge on the local philanthropic landscape so donors can give with confidence. We invest in programs like Omaha Gives! and The Landscape to understand local needs and build community in a whole new way. Good grows here.
The President and CEO will work with the Board of Directors to co-create the mission, vision and strategic direction of the Foundation and ensure the integrity and strength of Board leadership and governance matters. The ideal candidate will also serve as the Foundation’s principal leader, representative and spokesperson to the greater community, cultivate relationships with key stakeholders, and serve as a mentor to senior leadership and the management team. The President and CEO will also lead donor development and fundraising initiatives to ensure the Foundation’s financial viability. Successful candidates will love a challenge and feel inspired to make a difference and serve the community. If you are an excellent leader, can manage complex projects with a variety of stakeholders and honesty lives in everything you do, then this would be a great opportunity for you.
Job Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Engage and cultivate relationships with new and existing donors, professional advisors, and other key stakeholders to drive growth in engagement of the Foundation, to maximize wealth capture for the benefit of the community, and to drive dialogue about critical community issues and opportunities;
- Identify overall resource development goals and fundraising plan;
- Establish, maintain and cultivate relations with donors, foundations and other resources to develop and secure support for organizational programs and activities;
- Oversee the financial management and integrity of the Foundation and planning for sufficient operating resources and budget over a rolling 3-year period to include the operating reserve to ensure ongoing viability;
- Ensure integrity and strength of Board leadership and address issues around clarity of role, governance, bylaws/policies, corporate structure and membership;
- Prepare executive reports to the Board of Directors and Governance Committee and attend various committee meetings;
- Convene, lead and supervise the senior leadership team and develop professional development and cross-training plans for Foundation growth and succession planning;
- Lead by example, action and with planned activities designed for intentional culture building. This includes developing and fostering an atmosphere of diversity, equity and inclusion;
- Strategize organization’s short-range and long-range program and project goals, particularly in organizing and planning;
- Determine new Foundation programs and initiatives for community betterment;
- Develop positive, ongoing relationships with the community’s charitable organizations;
- Oversee and participate in annual solicitation for underwriting of organizational projects and programs;
- Participate in public events as the principal spokesperson for the Omaha Community Foundation;
- Oversee written communications and public relations activities;
- Represent the Foundation in organizations and forums of local leaders;
- Anticipate and plan for capital needs such as office space, technology and equipment needs;
How To Apply
Please complete an application and submit your cover letter and resume by February 5, 2020.